Thursday, June 18, 2009

Threadcakes Contest

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Like to make cakes? Like to eat cakes? Then you'll love the contest Threadless has going on right now: Threadcakes. (If you're not familiar with Threadless, it's a community based tee-shirt company with tons of amazing artist-submitted designs.) The contest is simple: make a cake based on your favorite Threadless design, submit a photo, and hope you win.

There are impressive prize packs racking up for the winners (they're still adding goodies), with separate winners for both 2D and 3D cakes. The contest runs until August 3rd, so you've got plenty of time to find your inspiration design and get baking. They've even got all of last year's cakes posted on the front page to help inspire you/show you what you're up against.

Last year's 1st place winner, along with the shirt design it's based on.

Oh, and did I mention I'm one of the judges?

Yep, me, Mary Alice from Ace of Cakes, and some other fabulous individuals will be making up the judging panel. Now, I warned the folks at Threadcakes that nothing could prepare them for your Wreckish onslaught of creativity, so I'm counting on you guys. So go make me proud!

(Click here to go to Threadcakes.
)
Anonymous said...

I remember seeing that cake last year!! It was on a_muffin_story's live journal.....and she had a site www.neverbashfulwithbutter.com but the site is closed now :( you wouldn't happen to know if she has a new site up and running would you??

Amy Shropshire said...

Looovvee that sheep cake! My family raises lambs and we can't get enough of them. What do you think the sheep's bodies are made of?

Matt said...

That is awesome! I've got several tees from Threadless. I have absolutely no skill in making cakes, however. (If only I had some idea how to bribe one of the judges... hmmm.) But that's a cool contest none the less.

Kristen said...

*looks down* What odd timing. I'm wearing that shirt right now. :)

Half Assed Kitchen said...

It's like a Serta mattress cake. But cuter!

Angie (from over at www.HalfAssedKitchen.com)

Kimberley said...

this is the coolest frickin' comp ever! I LIVE in threadless t's and never knew they ran this comp last year! Can not wait to start baking this weekend.. I'm only new to the world of cake decorating, but I promise I will do my best to make you proud!

Sandra D said...

That sheep cake is adorable!

Jasmine said...

*help! help!* Sudden urges to make CC(tee shirt)Cs are overpowering me!!!

katie@tulsadetails said...

Get out! You are pretty much famous! How fun!!!

Elizabeth Douglas said...

Threadless is insanely awesome and cakewrecks is insanely awesome...I'm wearing a threadless tee right now and was just eating cake. Who knew it would portend such a fortuatous event! The combining of cakewrecks and threadless is...well, it's even better than carrot riding baby jockeys!

Under Neat that,
I might just have to enter that contest myself!

Muffin said...

Hey there!

This is Drea (aka- Muffin) and thats my cake! haha..

I think I'll be goin for it again this year!

And to answer the question from anonymous up there, unfortunately, due to medical issues, I had to shut down my food blogs, and I probably won't be starting another one up.

I do miss it though!
(my current blog doesnt have anything to do with food, but you can find it through my blogger name)

kansaswolf said...

Dude, I'm TOTALLY entering... Hopefully it doesn't end up on THIS page... Unless it's Sunday. :D

Dawn said...

I definitely HAVE to enter this contest!!! Thanks so much for the heads up!

tonyia said...

oh. my. goodness. that sheep cake is just about the cutest thing EVER.

Jessica said...

Just picked out my shirt to do a cake from on the site...this is gonna be fun! Guess I just got a project for the weekend!

Anonymous said...

I guess I haven't been reading this blog long enough...what exactly would qualify a cake to be 2D as opposed to 3D? I generally experience all cakes in 3 dimensions...

LaurenH said...

Awesome!! I live around the corner from their store (Or as far as I know there's only one, I think I heard they might be opening a second) I'll have to check every time I walk by to see what they have to say about this contest

The sheep are cute!

Anonymous said...

If someone makes this into a CCC (sorry Jen) I might die of happiness: http://www.threadless.com/product/1589/Friday_I_m_In_Love.

Chris said...

Oh man, the new Threadcakes site design is going up Monday, complete with judges info, all the prizes, and the ability to submit your entries.

Thanks for being a judge, by the way! It is *greatly* appreciated!

The Stool Pigeon said...

I feel evil that I just want to grab one of those sheep and nom it. But I guess...that's what they're for.

Trisha said...

I'm so glad I obsessively check cakewrecks every day or I may not have known about this until it was too late. Can't wait to get started on my cake!!!

Anonymous said...

I've already made my cake and taken the pictures of progress and finished product, I can't wait until the submissions open!
Beth

Mel said...

I heart Threadless - just gave them more of my money last week - and had I both time and skill I'd enter in a heartbeat.

Kelly said...

Hey Jen...did you see threadless on TLC's Extreme Workplaces? They are almost as famous as you are!

I love that cake and can't wait to see the winners - and the losers! - on here! Thank goodness you are involved!