Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
We've been tweaking some things here on the site recently in an attempt to improve load time and reduce glitches, but we're afraid this tweaking may have angered the tiki gods/gremlins/Blogger bogeys. And since every web browser presents a whole new fun set of complications, testing them all out is difficult.
That's where you come in.
Please, tell us in the comments if you had any problems loading, viewing or interacting with the site today. (This includes any RSS feed wonkiness.) In addition, if you don't mind, please let us know if your virus software or filters are blocking the site or any of the pictures. And remember, this is for posterity so, be honest.
Update: There are no images on this post and the link at the bottom of this post for Help for Haiti should not have an image either.
'Nother Update: Hey, Internet Explorer users! First of all, you really should be using a different browser. [grin] However, we know you don't all have a choice in the matter, so we're still working on getting all the IE kinks worked out. We'll update again when we've made more progress, but please be patient (and maybe try Firefox) in the mean time. Thanks!
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places.
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
We don’t have any copies of Cake Wrecks for sale here, autographed or otherwise. We decided the shipping and handling costs would be too high to make it worth your while. So instead, buy your copies locally or online and then order personalized bookplates: it’s cheaper, easier, and I think even looks a bit nicer.
Payments must be made through Paypal, which accepts all major credit cards. Sorry, but that means no checks or MOs or barter-based chickens.
We ship everything first class USPS, and will do our best to have your package in the mail within 2 days of your order.
Popular This Month
- December (28)
- November (29)
- October (35)
- September (33)
- August (29)
- July (29)
- Tour Roundup: San Diego
- What's THAT Supposed to Mean?
- Tour Roundup: Pasadena, CA
- Royal Wrecks
- Operation Cake Evasion
- Sunday Sweets: Tour Edition
- Sweet N' Salty
- News Bites!
- Close Enough
- Tempe Treats
- Crazy Genes
- Father Figures?
- How We Made Dad Feel Special. Or Just Uncomfortabl...
- Sweets For Dad
- Important Update for San Diego/La Jolla
- Wreckies Of The Month
- Let's Just Stick with "Happy Falker Satherhood"
- Flip Flops (Hey, Look, a Built-In Pun!)
- Our World Cup Overfloweth
- Audio Comprehension in Jeopardy
- Just Beachy
- Sunday Sweets: Inspiration
- We Learned Good!
- Rear View Wreckage
- Reminders, Updates, & FAQs
- Sullen Sully
- News Bites
- If the Shoe Fits...
- Sunday Sweets: Gamer Goodness
- My Thai Font
- Here, There, and Everywhere
- Wreckage in its Proper Form
- Nothing To See Here
- We...... Need Your Help!
- Evolution of a Wreck
- May (30)
- April (26)
- March (28)
- February (25)
- January (30)
- December (34)
- November (33)
- October (36)
- September (38)
- August (32)
- July (33)
- June (37)
- May (36)
- April (33)
- March (34)
- February (31)
- January (43)