- Do you have a list of bakeries you can recommend?
- I love your blog! And I have a blog! Want to trade links?
- Do you have any advice on writing a blog?
- What counts as a “professional” cake?
- You posted my cake! How DARE you?!?
- What's with the plastic babies riding the carrots, anyway?
- What is this "CCC" thing you keep harping on?
- Okay, I give up. What is it with EPCOT?
- Where can I buy some plastic babies/carrot jockies of my own?
Do you have a list of bakeries you can recommend?
I love your blog! And I have a blog! Want to trade links?
Do you have any advice on writing a blog?
- Don’t do it for the money. Odds are you won’t make much.
- Write about what you love, not what you think will be popular. It takes time to gain a readership, and if you don’t love your content you’ll get discouraged.
- Do everything yourself, if possible. You’ll learn more that way.
- Don’t spend money on your blog until your blog is making you money. There’s no reason to buy custom banners or advertising until your blog is off the ground.
- Don’t compromise your principles. That can mean a lot of things, from the kind of language and advertising you use to what you write about. Just don’t try to be all things to all people – be yourself. Honesty and integrity will always pay off in the end.
What counts as a “professional” cake?
If you’re not sure if your photo qualifies, just send it in; I’ll make the call.
You posted my cake! How DARE you?!?
Now then, if you see your photo posted here and it ticks you off (some people actually don’t mind) then just contact me and let me know you’d like it removed. Please go easy on the name-calling and accusations of “stealing”, though; all photos are user-submitted, and believe it or not, I’m really not out to ruin your day.
If, on the other hand, you’re ok with your photo remaining on the site but would like credit for it, then let me know that, too. I’ll be happy to include a link to your blog or website with the photo.
What’s with the plastic babies riding the carrots, anyway?
What is this "CCC" thing you keep harping on?
Okay, I give up. What is it with EPCOT?
To "get it" you'll have to take a gander at the comment section, though (and let me apologize in advance for that).
Then you can read the following day's fall-out (and subsequent hilarity) here.
At that point, you'll be all caught up, clued in, and part of the "in" crowd. Promise.
Official definition: An "Epcot" is any comment that is repeated to an absurd degree. This may be as few as four in a row or as many as 42 but no more. 43 would be considered a "Spaceship Earth." In addition, only those who have read the blog for more than a year are allowed to declare an "Epcot" and to take cover in the "Epcot Bunker." Provisions in the bunker may include popcorn, candy and, of course, cake. And 2% milk. There will be no skim milk allowed in the bunker because, really, what's the point.