Saturday, June 19, 2010
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Due to a mix-up/communication snafoo (or "snafu" - but I like my spelling better), I have new location details for our La Jolla stop on the 27th. If you're planning on attending that show, please read the following carefully. There will be a quiz afterward. ;)
Instead of the Warwicks store as we originally planned, the La Jolla stop will now be located at the La Jolla Festival of the Arts, located about 4 miles from the store at the corner of Genesee Ave and Regents Rd. (Map here.)
Warwicks has an author pavilion there complete with seating, audio-visual equipment, etc., so the show and cupcake Wreckplica contest and free cake distribution will still all go on as planned at 2PM.
Warwicks will also have copies of CW available there for purchase. The proceeds will actually go to charity, so plan to buy your copy there.
Now, here's where things get tricky: there is a $10 admission fee - also being donated to charity - to get into the Art Festival. (Believe me, all of this has been as much of a surprise to us as it is to you.) Never fear, though, because we've found a solution. Ready? Here 'tis:
John and I are personally going to pay for each of you to get into the festival. Yep, all 163 of you.
Because it's not fair to charge you to see us, and because there's no other way, and because the proceeds go to charity anyway, so it's all for a good cause.
So, if you have already RSVP'd via the Evite for the La Jolla show, you will be getting an e-mail from us soon. Print out that e-mail. Bring it to the show, and you'll be allowed in for free. Your e-mail will be good for the amount of people you originally included in your RSVP.
Of course, if you'd like to pay your own admission - which, again, is for a good cause - then by all means do so. (Kids under 10 are free.) If, however, the admission charge would otherwise prevent you from coming to the show, then please use the e-mail voucher. John and I will gladly pay your way.
Parking is free, by the way.
And that's it! I'm very sorry for the mix-up, everyone, but on the bright side, now you get the CW show *and* an art festival all in the same afternoon! So please still plan on joining us, and we'll see you there!
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
Popular This Month
- ► 2011 (198)
- Tour Roundup: San Diego
- What's THAT Supposed to Mean?
- Tour Roundup: Pasadena, CA
- Royal Wrecks
- Operation Cake Evasion
- Sunday Sweets: Tour Edition
- Sweet N' Salty
- News Bites!
- Close Enough
- Tempe Treats
- Crazy Genes
- Father Figures?
- How We Made Dad Feel Special. Or Just Uncomfortabl...
- Sweets For Dad
- Important Update for San Diego/La Jolla
- Wreckies Of The Month
- Let's Just Stick with "Happy Falker Satherhood"
- Flip Flops (Hey, Look, a Built-In Pun!)
- Our World Cup Overfloweth
- Audio Comprehension in Jeopardy
- Just Beachy
- Sunday Sweets: Inspiration
- We Learned Good!
- Rear View Wreckage
- Reminders, Updates, & FAQs
- Sullen Sully
- News Bites
- If the Shoe Fits...
- Sunday Sweets: Gamer Goodness
- My Thai Font
- Here, There, and Everywhere
- Wreckage in its Proper Form
- Nothing To See Here
- We...... Need Your Help!
- Evolution of a Wreck
- ▼ June (35)
- ► 2009 (420)