Monday, January 26, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
What, that doesn't sound so bad? Then allow me to introduce a new Wreck series: Caped Catastrophes. Today's first lucky victim? The Bat Man himself.
Here Bat Boy rides out of a plastic drain-pipe on a magma slick in glorious celebration of "Brian Day". Um, are those things on the side supposed to be bats, Clarissa D.?
Then there's the continuing drama between Batman and the Batmobile:
I agree that the door in the brick wall is a little odd, Ashley W., but what I really want to know is how the Batmobile can leave a cloud of snow-white exhaust shaped like a hibiscus flower. These Bat gadgets - they just get cooler every year, don't they?
Fortunately Judith C. reports that 'man and 'mobile appear to have made up here:
Christal W. found the best toy-to-cake ratio out there:
I'm not sure if "River" is the birthday person's name, or if - in the tradition of Wreckerators everywhere - the decorator just labeled the cake what it's supposed to look like. If that's the case, then s/he must have meant "cascading river of blood, cement, and mold". But, you know, that probably wouldn't have fit.
([sigh] Again, yes, it's "professional". I checked the site and everything. C'mon, a little credit here?)
Now remember, kids: crime doesn't pay. Right, Batman?
But you know, all these cakes are totally cheating: they each use plastic Batman figurines! Why aren't decorators actually drawing the caped crusader?
Oh. That's why. Thanks, Nicc.
[shifty eyes] Um, and can I just say that that's an unfortunately appropriate placement of the "pp"?
Aaaand I'm done.
Have a superhero Wreck you've been meaning to send me? Then send it in soon; I'll be continuing the Caped Catastrophes theme over the next few weeks.
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
Popular This Month
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (357)
- It's Me or the Dog: Cupcake Trance
- Of COURSE It's Right-Side Up...
- Are You Ready for Some Football?!
- It's My Blog and I'll Flog if I Want To...
- Well, the word "holy" DID come to mind...
- You Say "Redneck" Like it's a Bad Thing
- Every Breath You Take...
- Why So Serious?
- Sunday Sweets: Cutey-Patootey Dragon Babes
- Hey Everybody, Do You Know What Time It Is?
- The Problem With Phone Orders
- Breaking News: Head-Swelling Bakery Incident Goes ...
- Why Suzy Needs Therapy
- The Presidential Sweet
- Wedding Crashers, Cake Wrecks Style
- That Poe Bird
- Sunday Sweets: Lord of the Rings
- It's Just a LITTLE Soap Box, I Promise
- What Do You Mean, "Last Minute"?
- Big Day, Big Wrecks
- Think They're Organic? [smirk]
- Introducing a Good Sport
- Double Your Photos, Double Your "Fun"
- LIFE Wrecks
- Voting Update: This One's For John
- Sunday Sweets: Castles & Fairies
- New Tees!
- My Sweet What is What?
- How to Make Your Twins Hate You
- Hey, Bebeh
- Cake Wrecks Gets Its Own TV Show!
- A Real Stretch
- Calling All Evil Wrecks Henchpeople...
- Now THAT'S What I'm Talkin' 'Bout
- Bonus Side Tangent Contest Results
- Why Football & Bridal Showers Don't Mix
- Sunday Sweets: Fastastical Beasts
- Groom's Cake for a Cop
- Food that's Bad for You, Disguised as...Food that'...
- Year of the Tongue?
- Wasted Cakes
- ▼ January (43)