Monday, January 19, 2009

Wedding Crashers, Cake Wrecks Style

Monday, January 19, 2009

This is great stuff: not a Wreck, but fun dessert-themed claymation. Stick with it to the end for the big finale.



Many thanks to Gini N. for sending it in!
Anonymous said...

Now if only some of our wreckerators could do that good.

Kate Merriman said...

This is great! Who created the original claymation? I want to post that to any links I give to this, give proper attribution. But so far, my googling hasn't found the makers. Any ideas?

Melanie said...

That was fantastic!!!!!!

eventer79 said...

Brilliant! I don't even have words for how much I love this -- wonderful use of colours and shapes and just fun, cute, and clever!

Anonymous said...

Great example of acceptance and integration on this, Martin Luther King's birthday. Also fabulous claymaton.

Miranda said...

Nice.

I think the little icing entities belong to the Ministry of Silly Walks. ;)

Garret said...

That was great! Definitely worthy of a post!

Garret
http://jimandgarret.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Delightful! Here's the same clip including subtitles for those interested in what the words from La Traviata by Verdi mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1MtWqQZffU&e

Big fan, daily visitor.
-Toby

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was too cute and amazingly done.

Anonymous said...

It's not everyday that I get to say, "That was a great claymation opera!"

Anonymous said...

First comment! WOOHOO! IN YO FACE!!!
those little dessert claymation people did a better job decorating that cake than many Wreckorators I have seen. Lets have a big round of applause fo cute little opera-singing clay desert people!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura said...

THAT was VERY cool!!

Babs said...

Loved it!

Anonymous said...

Wow That is just amazing!

Vashti said...

That was awesome!!! I wonder how long it too to make! So clever. And Cute!

Anonymous said...

That was really cute!

Debbi said...

WOW!
That is stinkin' cool!

Anonymous said...

that was truly an amazing video! thanks for sharing!!

Jane said...

Ha! That was cute!

bpddjeoomon said...

Those little guys are adorable.

Juliet said...

Woo! That was awesome! It wasn't entirely what I was expecting but it was beautiful nonetheless. As a once-was-an-animation-major I know exactly how hard that was to make and I -always- appreciate claymation. So glad you posted it = )

Clint Bourgeois said...

Well, I'm hungry.

Michelle said...

That was great! I loved it, too bad we couldn't see what the cake looked like from a different view when it was done.

Lobbie said...

That is adorable! If different dessert goos can learn to get along...why can't we?

Anonymous said...

Funny, always loved clay-animation!

MiniKat said...

That was so cool!

Natt said...

fantastic! As I am a lover of both claymation and desserts, this definitely tickled my fancy -- thanks for sharing!

robyn said...

Oh, well done!! >claps< I love the little marching puddings!

Kelly said...

This is very fun. Thanks for sharing. My toddler wanted to watch the ending with me again and again!

Sara said...

Great video and great blog! Thanks!

CrazyKwilter said...

Holy cow! Someone has WAY too much time on their hands.

That was hypnotic to watch.

And now the music is stuck in my head.

Lynne said...

This is fabulous! And a perfect addition to this hilarious blog.

WM said...

This is absolutely lovely and incredibly creative...I love the characters and the finale is just beautiful...Wheeeeee!

chow bella said...

that was really impressive! But I don't know if that cake would have turned out a wreck if it were real...lol

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I can't imagine how long it took to make that.

Lisa said...

What a cool video! I love it!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help thinking of those cute little Adipose fat babies in Doctor Who; "the fat just walks away"

Anonymous said...

That was adorable! I love the end--them becoming decorations was great!

scrappinfox said...

This is just too cute - and so well done! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Awww this one cut short. The link Toby gave is better you get the whole sha-bang at the end! Too cool. Apparently it's from something called L'Opera Imaginaire (it's in the comments of youtube and there's a few more clips from the collection there, different animation styles).

kitsana_d said...

That was AMAZING. It was nice to cake-themed animation on here; it breaks up the awesomely bad cakes with just pure awesome.

Keep up the great work!

Layla said...

Super cute! Um, but... okay, maybe I'm just a little wrong. Did the yellow blobs that hopped along not look like, well, something unmentionable? Urm.... Still, incredibly creative and fun to watch!

Lizzy Leigh said...

That was so totally fantastic! i just love it.

Anonymous said...

i think its made be a french company. i saw another version that was slightly longer and included the name of the composer "verdi" and then 2 french words. i dont speak french so i dont know if it was someone's name or what. but after a little more search i found a site which seems to have the info of who/what/where/why but again, in french. freetranslation.com!!!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp7vr_verdi-traviata-choeur-bohemiens

Anonymous said...

Great! My 2 yo loves it too.

Unknown said...

THAT WAS AWESOME! Thank you for sharing! I want you to know that I read your blog everyday. I've only recently caught onto the cake wrecks madness, but I am so glad I have found you! Thank you and your wreckporters for your endless entertainment! I love it! :)

Scritzy said...

Would that I had the talent to make such a video. Simply amazing.

STRJKTKNITTING said...

amazingggggggggggg

Bridgete said...

This is so much fun! I loved it! =)

Unknown said...

question, I'm trying to jazz up my blog, how did you get this template? Do you have someone do it for you? Or did you purchase it, or were you able to download it from the internet, email me because I need to do something to my blog.thanks
www.ftheredsox.blogspot.com
you can email me from there.
thanks

Anonymous said...

That was amazing claymation!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Many thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Exquisite. Thank you!

Penny said...

Thanks for posting this! I've added it to my blog sweetbrownpoison.blogspot.com with a link to Cake Wrecks! (and a big Thank You to you!)

--Penny

Anonymous said...

philipchek SAID on youTube

"L'Opéra imaginaire" is a french vsh/dvd a collection of 12 videos (the present video is of them) made by Guionne Leroy et Pascal Roulin in 1993. May be It would have been easy to explain it in the video description... Anyway, thanks for the subtitle work.

Anonymous said...

Someone ha WAAAAAY too much time on their hands. LOL!

Deirdrea said...

Wow... I can't even imagine the number of HOURS that must have taken. Just fantastic!

Suzanne Dargie said...

That is SO cute and very well done! I'm in the animation industry myself, so I can REALLY appreciate the time and effort that went into it. Thanks so much for posting it!

the ginabean said...

That. Was. Awesome! Now I totally wish I could understand...whatever language that aria was written in (Italian?). It'd be fun to know what the song was REALLY about. :)

Stephany Benbow said...

Oh how I love claymation. Especially with as inundated as we are with digital animation now. There is just such a charm, especially to this little dessert opera. Thanks for posting this

Anonymous said...

Sorry. Typo. That's supposed to be "had" not "ha," ha ha ha!

Jessi said...

That was really cool. :D

Anonymous said...

wow!!!!! amazing.

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness it had a happy ending... I was worried it would ruin my love of pastry forever if the little blobs did something bad!

p.s. I'm still a little disturbed by the movements of the bavarian cream, though. Kinda creepy. Luckily, I never did really care for that stuff...

Donna C, The Colony, TX

Ruby Re-Usable said...

what a SWEET post, this made me So happy on such an already happy day!

Rebecca said...

My kids and I really enjoyed this, thanks!

The Random Muse said...

that's awesome

Anonymous said...

layla...i thought the same thing. glad i wasn't the only one.

emily said...

opera imaginaire was a series of short animated videos, each set to a different aria. the series ran on bravo in the 90s. each short film was beautifully done and each very different... i've been searching for a tape or dvd for years! you can find a few on youtube, and i highly encourage looking them up! ;.)

Anonymous said...

@Emily
If you're in the US then you can get it on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Opera-Imaginaire-Jean-Marie-Messier/dp/6303341713/

Can't find any reasonably priced PAL versions though *snif*

Anne H.

Reformed Supermom said...

Man! That *totally* made my morning! :D

Rebecca

Kreanna said...

That was awesome!

ksaldria said...

omg! I love it! And now I'm just a little bit scared of cutting into my mom's birthday cake.

Buffy said...

That was amazing!

Paige said...

That was great! Very cute & clever.

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Vicki-Sue Brotherhood said...

that was fantastics!

Anonymous said...

one word: EPIC.

The Whiz Kid Forte said...

Thanks a bazillion Jen! It brings me back memories of watching it on Classic Arts Showcase several years ago - it's still good after all those years!

thetrillgirl said...

Clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap!!! Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! Fantastico!!
That is the most adorable thing I have ever seen! Who did the claymation? I love them!

Scarlett Robyn said...

OMG! That was AMAZING! Just remember this excuse, next time your friend pops to the bathroom and returns to find her delicious dessert has "disappeared" from her plate (yum!). Just say:
"It got up and ran away!!!!"
Thanks!

troyin17331 said...

wow that was way cool !!!!!