Monday, January 12, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
It has come to my attention that there's a bit of controversy brewing over at The Weblog Awards in regards to the number of votes Cake Wrecks is receiving there. Why? Well, I think this has something to do with it:
Yes, within mere hours of my post asking you to vote, Wrecks was catapulted into a hefty lead as thousands of you did exactly that. However, what I see as an outpouring of loving support from you loyal readers others see as possible fraud. Apparently there are those who find it hard to believe that a goofy cake blog could garner such support - so much so that there is now a discussion on TWA's boards where accusations are flying hot n' heavy. (Although I must say that TWA moderator Sean is handling it extremely well.)
Now, personally this little "issue" doesn't bother me. I know that about 48,000 of you read this blog every single work day, and since The Weblog Awards allows you to vote once a day those numbers are not unreasonable. However, my darling, dear husband is, shall we say, "affronted". He seems to see this as a point of honor which must be defended. How? By doing it again, of course!
That's right, so in case you haven't already, please, for the sake of my dear affronted hubby John, go vote again for Cake Wrecks. Let's show those negative-Nancy-nincompoops that it doesn't take a hacker or automated scamming whichydoodles to get a landslide victory at The Weblog Awards; it just take a kick-a$$ blog audience. This is the last day of voting, so let's go out with a bang, shall we?
To kick a$$, CLICK HERE.
Oh, and not to beat a dead horse or anything, but could one of you nominate Wrecks in the more appropriate category of "best humor blog" or "best new blog" over at the Bloggies? Nominations close today at 10pm EST. Thanks!
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
Popular This Month
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (357)
- It's Me or the Dog: Cupcake Trance
- Of COURSE It's Right-Side Up...
- Are You Ready for Some Football?!
- It's My Blog and I'll Flog if I Want To...
- Well, the word "holy" DID come to mind...
- You Say "Redneck" Like it's a Bad Thing
- Every Breath You Take...
- Why So Serious?
- Sunday Sweets: Cutey-Patootey Dragon Babes
- Hey Everybody, Do You Know What Time It Is?
- The Problem With Phone Orders
- Breaking News: Head-Swelling Bakery Incident Goes ...
- Why Suzy Needs Therapy
- The Presidential Sweet
- Wedding Crashers, Cake Wrecks Style
- That Poe Bird
- Sunday Sweets: Lord of the Rings
- It's Just a LITTLE Soap Box, I Promise
- What Do You Mean, "Last Minute"?
- Big Day, Big Wrecks
- Think They're Organic? [smirk]
- Introducing a Good Sport
- Double Your Photos, Double Your "Fun"
- LIFE Wrecks
- Voting Update: This One's For John
- Sunday Sweets: Castles & Fairies
- New Tees!
- My Sweet What is What?
- How to Make Your Twins Hate You
- Hey, Bebeh
- Cake Wrecks Gets Its Own TV Show!
- A Real Stretch
- Calling All Evil Wrecks Henchpeople...
- Now THAT'S What I'm Talkin' 'Bout
- Bonus Side Tangent Contest Results
- Why Football & Bridal Showers Don't Mix
- Sunday Sweets: Fastastical Beasts
- Groom's Cake for a Cop
- Food that's Bad for You, Disguised as...Food that'...
- Year of the Tongue?
- Wasted Cakes
- ▼ January (43)