Monday, November 8, 2010

Really? Really.

Monday, November 8, 2010

And now it's time for a segment I like to call, "Really? Really," with J-dog.

By the way, J-dog is how I refer to myself when I'm hopped up on Twix. Thanks to the leftover Halloween candy, J-dog's gonna be visiting for a while.

Here we go.


This is a number 6:

Really, you ask?

Really, J-dog answers.

Really.

(The store manager actually suggested they submit it to Cake Wrecks. Really.)


I'll just give you a hint on this next one:

I don't yearn for facial hair of this relative width:

Get it?

[crickets]

No?

Aw, come on, "pencil-thin mustache?"

[crickets exchange looks of disgust]

*It's a pencil*

Ok, fine. Moving on...



This next one's harder, so I'll give you a better hint:

It's an iPod Shuffle.


Did you get it?

No?

Well, I told you it was hard.


In case you don't want to take MY word for it anymore, you can take the Wreckerators:

This is "Beer."


And this is a "Flipp Flopp Cake"


And this is...no. No, it can't be...

LIARS!!


Mike, Johanna & Ellorie, Crystal C., Meta H., Julie T., Xiaomi Q., & Courtney B., J-dog thanks you. Now please send more Twix.
LoveDogsNHockey said...

Sounds to me like someone needs to lay off those Twix a little. But just a little. Haha.

Danger Boy said...

I think the 6 looks more like a deranged amoeba.

Anonymous said...

i don't get the pencil-thin mustache cupcake cake. What was it supposed to look like? -- Kathy

Colleen said...

I have a ton of junior mints and malt balls....you want those?

LOL a the 6....not sure how well a 6 made of cupcakes would turn out but REALLY? You couldn't make it better than that????

Jules AF said...

The 6 kind of looks like it could be a monster.

D said...

I still don't know what that blue thing is.

Stella said...

MMMmmmMMMm.....beeer.....twwwwixxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

What were you thinking? Never ask the Internet for candy!

SuBee said...

Could someone please explain the pencil thin moustache. I've been staring at it for quite some time and I have to get back to work.

Thank you.

Brilliantpants said...

Jen, are you a closet Parrot Head?

I wish I had a pencil thin mustache, the Boston Blackie kind
A two-toned Ricky Ricardo Jacket
And and autographed Picture of Andy Devine!

Jen, are you a closet Parrot Head?

Heidi D said...

I read your blog every day! it just makes my day better! I also think I will tell Kathy what it means, It is a pencil+it looks like it has facial hair=A PENCIL THIN MOUSATCHE!!!!!

Oh, and this is her dauter

Chica said...

Ok seriously - don't have a CLUE about the facial hair cake. Anyone know?

(This may be a US/UK lost in translation moment, I grant you) -- Ann

Anonymous said...

I really, really don't get 2. What is it, really? Really.

Anonymous said...

My children just had their 6th birthday this weekend. (I say children because they are quadruplets, but anyhoo...) One reason we celebrated with just cupcakes (not the dreaded ccc and not a big cake shaped like a 6 or whatever that first cake is) was because I didn't want to have all our friends show up at the party and start snickering about the cake wreck! We have had some in the past. One year there were 4 wrecks in the shape, I'm told, of farm animals. So thank you Cake Wrecks!

Shelley in So. Illinois

Anonymous said...

@Kathy, apparently that's supposed to be a yellow pencil with a pink eraser (and kind of a melted looking lead).--Kathy, too.

Caroline B said...

I know I've had a hard day today, but even with the explanation of that pencil-thingy I just don't see it, it just looks like a bleeding mess - what is that gore-stuff to the left???

WV...ardsol - snigger.....

Beccy Blann said...

so many great things to love about this post!

1. Our dog Jersey is called J-dog all the time.
2. I ate the last of our Halloween Twix this morning. I love Twix!
3. the cakes. I personally love the ones that have to be labeled. Even then, I'm not sure they're correctly identified.
4. our family has a new way to call out "Liar!" Just say, "stop, drop, and roll"

NightNurse said...

Speaking of hair, and we are, the top of the beer cake looks the stuff I use when shaving my legs. N-I-C-E....

Unknown said...

the number 6 reminds me of the lochness monster and the "ipod shuffle"... how? Where do they see one out of that blue slab?


lol

check out my blog: nikkiscakery.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'll send you all the Twix you want if you lay off the cricket jokes.

Ahem. Anyway.

ROFL @ Heidi, Kathy's daughter. Mothers. *sigh*

Can I fire the manager who submitted his own department's wreck? This is not a publicity and advertising site. At least, I don't think it's supposed to be. Does he want people to come in to buy wrecks?

Notoriety... "My department was on CakeWrecks!!" Is this a good thing for the store? Are they shopping for a new wreckerator - "Come work here, we feature our cakes on CW!" ??

Interesting come-on.

Really. Really really. (best Shirk voice) Go, J-dog!!

~~Di

WV -- urgure -- I ain't a gonna urgure with J-dog. Not when she's hyped up on Twix.

Amy said...

That number six looks like a diseased pac-man! Kudos to the store manager for submitting it! lol

Swen's Mom said...

I thought the flip-flop cake was actually a tropical fish... Now THIS is a flip-flop cake: http://bit.ly/cx0qeM

Alison said...

Ok, it is a Monday and all, but I had to stare for quite awhile at that tie-dyed "Flipp Flopp" cake before I realized what they were trying to say. I was thinking, "What is Flipp Flopp, some new kids' cartoon sensation?"

Please pass the Twix.

Anonymous said...

I like how the "flipp Flopp" cake picture has baking soda behind the cake in the display case. Maybe to cover up the "stinky shoe"

Whitney said...

An IPOD Shuffle? Really? Realllly?

Jo said...

pssst...I love the nickname. Keep it. Really.

Anonymous said...

I really want to know what the one random white cupcake next to the pencil is supposed to represent... I mean, in relation to the pencil, it's small, like the size of the pencil lead, so it couldn't be a golf ball and golf pencil besides the fact that golf pencils don't have erasers and... and... and... you see why it's driving me nuts? Someone explain please!!!

Anonymous said...

my three year old says the pencil cake looks like a house and the "cutie pie" looks silly.

Bakingdom said...

Alright, J-dog. I get it. I get the whole "pencil thin mustache" bit. What I don't get, however, is the one random white cupcake sitting alone in the corner. Is it safe to assume that the order was for a certain number of cupcakes and they just couldn't find room in that hairy pencil for one more?

Really?

Anonymous said...

The first one represents a 6, the number six? {Unbelieving}

It looks like the representation of an addict's nightmare of water-any water.

Jen, wash that candy- come to think of it the wreckerators should do same with the cakes.
mocking

~ Dragonfly ~ said...

O_o

I am quite at a loss for words.

And um...I don't think it was intentional, but the last one looks a bit like "Chowder":

http://reviewfix.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/chowder.jpg

Lynn said...

My question is what is with the one random white cupcake off to the side of the pencil? Was it an "oops the label says 24 and we only mashed in 23" kind of thing, or what?
p.s. I got a girl that can take care of that little moustache for you

Aliza said...

The poor 6-year-old is old enough to know what their brand new, big kid school-age age is supposed to look like, and then the wreckerator deprives them of the milestone! Clearly that person needs to go back to Grade 1 and learn a few things since it looks more like a "C" :) Kudos to the store manager for nominating that wreck!! Now there's a way to issue a warning :)

The pencil... not only doesn't look much like a pencil, but it's also drooping!

I agree that the beer foam looks more like lathered shave gel. Appetizing

The flip flip was at least pretty!

And the ipod... oy! That's a whole new low.
WV: dergat. "dergat, vaht IZZZ zat???"

Unknown said...

What is the last one. All is says is LIARS. I don't get it.

Anonymous said...

that top one is an amoeba

please can i have some of whatever the psychedelic 'flip flop' cake baker is on?

Unknown said...

6? That is not a number, it is a free cake!

Free to be anything other than Number 6!

julrod said...

So is that "flipp flopp" as in what a fish would do when you pull it out of the water and drop it on the floor? That must be what they were thinking here.

EG said...

The iPod Shuffle one is a hoot. But that "flip flop cake?" Really?! I actually looked back to see if you were saying a different cake was supposed to be a flip flop.

EG said...

Oh, and the October Real Simple had several recipes of stuff to do with your leftover Halloween candy and there's a Twix Cheesecake Pie.

Gal220 said...

The last one looks like one of the boss fights in "Zelda-Ocarina of Time". I think it's the one in the belly of the fish as a kid- where you have to use the boomarang to chop off the arms from the roof and then hit it with your sword.... wow I haven't played that in years and I still remember...

Craig said...

The first wreck is brought to you by the number '6' and the letter 'c'. Never mind how. Call it 'c-6', which is what I would be if I stared at it too long. Spooy!

So #2 is a pencil. I get it -- a #2 pencil! Nyuk-nyuk-nyuk!

Beer topped with whipped cream in a coffee cup? Is it hot? Tasty. I know an ubiquitous coffee chain is experimenting with serving beer and wine at some locations, but one fervently hopes this particular beverage idea won't make it out of market research.

A shaving mug that says 'Beer' on it for some unknown reason was my second guess.

Anonymous said...

That "Cutie Pie" at the end...wow! She looks more like the poster child for "Get Your Mumps Vaccination Day"!

Anonymous said...

I read "mini cake" as "man cake".

MAN CAKE.

This is the only cake MEN can eat. It is a MAN CAKE. You can tell from the foam. And the BEER written on it. It is MAN CAKE. BUTTERCREAM MAN CAKE. Because MEN deserve BUTTERCREAM.

Jessica said...

According to my 2 year old, these look like:

1. pink and green
2. a banana
3. a worm
4. a cake
5. a fishy
6. a cloud.

I'd say she's about as spot on as you could get with those. Except for number 4. There's no way that's a cake.

pakajack said...

@sixxlet She said liars! because the label says Cutie-pie

WitchyMel said...

I see a lot of alien/monsters in these cakes.. I wonder if my husband spiked my coffee this morning.. hmmm

#1 - Alien/Dino blob, looks like she's belching. Yes...it's a girl, see the pink frosting and the flowers? sheesh... of course it's a girl!

#2 Pink bubblegum montser (see the green mouth? "Grrrowwwwrrr") just shot out of a pile of... em... mud. Right. Mud.. see? The "whoooosh" marks? Or it's got long hair.

#3 Airbrush monster took out it's blues on the cake..ipod...err.. ok I got nuthin. Wow.. an Ipod shuffle? Really? REALLY?

#4 OK so they're NOT all aliens. This is supposed to be a HP ButterBeer. See the frothy foamy..err marshmallowey... em.. That's a lot of friggen frosting.

#5 Alien Psycho Fish Flop. Give it a minute...

#6 Why is Cthulu eating that poor Cutie's head? OMG... the HORROR!

And my current candy addiction? Willy Wonka Scrumdiddlyumptious Bars... O.M.G.

[breathy whisper] they're sooooo goood!

WV - Torsting - Tortured Frosting...have a heart wreckerators! What did the frosting EVER do to you to be so badly abused???

http://velcrowallpaper.blogspot.com/ A slice of my crazy life

Unknown said...

The 6 totally looks like a cartoon monster to me. The 'hole' that they didn't actually take out could be the arm, the missing space is the mouth, there's even 2 blue dots that could be eyes.

Nanasniftynitch said...

I'm so glad I wasn't drinking my coffee when I was looking at these...

I lol at all of them, the flip flop??
They need their eyes checked. And the Cutie pie- Liar (roflol)Really need eyes checked. Looks like one of the Rugrats with mumps. lol

bassgirl said...

I think the first one (number 6) looks more like Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent!

Sharon said...

The 6 cake? I saw either one blue eye and a large forehead with a pink mouth, or *head tilted*, I saw two blue eyes and a pink mouth.

Flipp Flopp? Definitely a flop! I saw a tropical fish. Who has a heal shaped like a fish tail?

Beer? Glad it came with a title. Smallest beer mug I've ever seen and yes, it looks like shaving cream on top. Yuk!

WV: Thout. These cakes were not well thout out.

Sharon's Edible Art

Jasry said...

I too would really like to know what's up with the random cupcake in the pencil mess. Did it retain a shred of cupcake dignity and refuse to take part in such a dessert travesty?

Anonymous said...

I understand Cake Wrecks better now. Store managers are actually COMPETING to get on here. THAT explains so much.

Moxie said...

My best guess for #1 was a princess-edged golf course. Or a paisley on acid.

Stephanie said...

[crickets exchange looks of disgust]

^ I busted out laughing at that. I could just see them doing it too! (Yes, I am easily amused.) ;)

tiny purple elephant said...

hahhahaah the 6 is too funny.. i wonder of the kids at the party could figure it out.

i got the pencil, but the cup cake is an eraser????

tiny purple elephant said...

oh and flip flow looks more fish shaped, but nicely decorated.....

BADKarma! said...

Is it just me, or does that first one look like a zombie Ms. Pac Man? O_o

Tricia L said...

Rx: Take one Reese's Peanut Butter Cup by mouth to counteract the sugar in the Twix. Repeat as needed.

BTW, Cutie Pie looks like Cindy Who from "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".

catchat105 said...

That "Okay, FINE" comment had me literally smacking my forehead with my palm.

MissNay said...

YAY for Twix!
And the pencil thing was.....
What was the white thing supposed ot be?

Luna said...

i love to bake and even though i'm not a pro i know i can do much better than this. these cakes just make me sad.

Ricebubbles said...

The cake may SAY 'beer' but I (being the smart little cake wrecks fan I am) looked at the label - "Butter Cream Mini Cake"
Now, I know the colour (sorry Australian, its a habit to spell it like that) is a little brown for butter, but it STILL looks more like a circle of butter with cream on top! Even if its more of a coffee cream with cream... :)

Becky W. said...

I got the pencil thin mustache. Funny. But I keep staring and staring and for the life of me I CANNOT figure out what the single white cupcake above the pencil is supposed to be????????

Becky (1st time commenter!)

Anonymous said...

The flip-flop looks more like a Pepperidge Farm goldfish on LSD. Love the Jimmy Buffet reference (pencil-thin moustache).

Fysh Phoenix-- said...

For a mug of beer, it sure looks like a froo-froo cup of coffee with way too much whipped-cream on top.
On the other hand, that is just the kind of cake I would enjoy with my significant other (if you know what I mean)...

...if I were not incredibly alone right now. *sniffle* I wish it would hurry-up and turn into a REAL beer cake!!!

Marie said...

I thought the first one was one of the holes from miniature golf.

Bilby P. Dalgyte said...

I stared at #2 for so long going ".......I don't.... get.... it.... " then read the bit below it and went "...oh. REALLY?"

Thank you for explaining what they were, I would've never gotten them. Ever.

Anonymous said...

I can see it now:

How many P's in flip flop?

Two, (meaning one in flip, one in flop.)

Ah, okay: Flipp Flopp.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone else think the "ipod shuffle" looks like a pregnancy test?

Arlene said...

That first cake looks like Pac-Man took one too many drugs and will now invade our dreams lol. As for the "beer" cake it looks like it may be rabid.. run!

Pandaluver21 said...

While showing these to my roomate...

1) Pac Man/Monster
2) Paintbrush
3) DS
4) Coffee *cough*...
5) Fish Pizza
6) Ahh!

vipin said...

the 6 looks like a alien which is comes from mars lol

Anonymous said...

The pencil cake is not the least bit self-evident; the "6" cake looks like a dinosaur; and the beer cake is perfect (as a cup of cocoa).
--J. A. Robinson

BuyWoWAccount said...

LMAO! I love your blog it rocks!!
About the cakes?!? just one thing i that makes my brows wrinkled too much is that pencil-thin mustache...very very mind boggling..

lawnajo said...

I, too, may have a Twix addiction, and I have decided that "FunSize" candybars are of the devil. Because, "That was little, so I can have another one...or 5."

sundevils1 said...

Was someone watching an old SNL Weekend Update? This is something that Amy Poehler and Seth Meyer did. "Really?" "Seriously, are you serious?" Ha ha!

Lizzy Leigh said...

The "beer" cake reminds me of an old fashioned shaving mug. They could have put a straight razor with it and sold it as a Sweeny Todd cake. :D

Unknown said...

I thought that last one was Pippi Longstocking.

Delia Jean Streefkerk said...

The CCC at the end looks like some kind of Fisher-Price toy they might have made in the 1960s, when I was a kid: a plastic rotary telephone with a smiley face. Cutie Pie's pigtails look like the handset! And I would hang up on that cake!

Sharid57 said...

The facial hair/pencil thin moustache comment I think was a reference back to the time when men who HAD them used to shave with shaving brushes and shaving soap in a cup. I think it's a shaving brush - not sure about the rest of that stuff, including the lone white iced cupcake? Maybe supposed to be the shaving foam??
As for the number 6 cake - I agree with the first post who said it looked like a "deranged amoeba"! That's the first thing I thought of when I saw it.
And the "Flipp Flopp" cake looks like a tie-dyed fish! Never saw a FLIP FLOP (1 P per part) with a heel shaped like that, and I bet the cake decorator never has either! Scary stuff, all....