Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
(Sure, had it been left up to me I would have placed Cake Wrecks in the 'Best Humor Blog' category, but it wasn't, so I couldn't. [shrug] The powers that be at the Weblogs place each blog in only one category as a finalist, so we can only bow to their superior authority and, as they say, "go with it". Besides, far be it from me to look a gift award in the mouth, right?)
Oh, and here's the best part: unlike the Blogger's Choice Awards, you don't have to register to vote! Nope, all you have to do is click the link and then click on Cake Wrecks. Bada bing, bada boom. You'll even see real-time results of the polls after you vote, which currently look like this:
I'm sure that together we can shake those numbers up a bit though, 'cuz you know the best bestest part? You can vote once every day, playahs! Polls close Tuesday, January 13th, so 'til then why not make voting for Cake Wrecks part of your morning routine?
Thanks in advance, my loyal lovelies. You will all be rewarded in the coming Cakey Kingdom...
UPDATE: Oh, and while you're at it, I've just been told that the 2009 Bloggies are now accepting nominations. Honestly, I had no idea there were so many different award sites for blogs! Still, maybe for the Bloggies one of you henchies could nominate Wrecks in a more appropriate category? I mean, I feel kinda bad for the more legitimate "food blogs" on the BCAs. Not bad enough to spoil my fiendish glee at CRUSHING the competition, mind you, but still kinda bad.
Speaking of which, thanks to all of you for voting and for being the a$$-kickin'est group of readers a blogger could ever ask for. I am feelin' the love, guys, and believe me when I say it matters - it really does.
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
Popular This Month
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (357)
- It's Me or the Dog: Cupcake Trance
- Of COURSE It's Right-Side Up...
- Are You Ready for Some Football?!
- It's My Blog and I'll Flog if I Want To...
- Well, the word "holy" DID come to mind...
- You Say "Redneck" Like it's a Bad Thing
- Every Breath You Take...
- Why So Serious?
- Sunday Sweets: Cutey-Patootey Dragon Babes
- Hey Everybody, Do You Know What Time It Is?
- The Problem With Phone Orders
- Breaking News: Head-Swelling Bakery Incident Goes ...
- Why Suzy Needs Therapy
- The Presidential Sweet
- Wedding Crashers, Cake Wrecks Style
- That Poe Bird
- Sunday Sweets: Lord of the Rings
- It's Just a LITTLE Soap Box, I Promise
- What Do You Mean, "Last Minute"?
- Big Day, Big Wrecks
- Think They're Organic? [smirk]
- Introducing a Good Sport
- Double Your Photos, Double Your "Fun"
- LIFE Wrecks
- Voting Update: This One's For John
- Sunday Sweets: Castles & Fairies
- New Tees!
- My Sweet What is What?
- How to Make Your Twins Hate You
- Hey, Bebeh
- Cake Wrecks Gets Its Own TV Show!
- A Real Stretch
- Calling All Evil Wrecks Henchpeople...
- Now THAT'S What I'm Talkin' 'Bout
- Bonus Side Tangent Contest Results
- Why Football & Bridal Showers Don't Mix
- Sunday Sweets: Fastastical Beasts
- Groom's Cake for a Cop
- Food that's Bad for You, Disguised as...Food that'...
- Year of the Tongue?
- Wasted Cakes
- ▼ January (43)