Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Settle down, now, all of you; there's enough here for everyone:
(Heh, you guys thought the FIRST censored Cake Wreck was bad...)
What's that? What do you mean, you all only want a piece of the little birthday cake? You can't ALL have that: who's going to eat the legs? The belly? The.. er...tracts of land? C'mon, you'll love it: mama's made of red velvet!*
Here's an even "better" angle:
John would like me to point out that this cake has teeth. And there are so many things wrong with that statement, I don't even know where to begin.
Here's some good news, though: this wasn't for a baby shower! Yay! Nope, it was served at a birthing center event. As to why the "mom" has a cake in the tub with her, though - and in that particular spot - well, you got me. I'm just glad they didn't make it into an edible baby.
Also, I've heard of cakes sweating before, but this brings it to a while 'nother level. A really shiny, gross level.
I actually had this submitted twice, by both Gina & Jeanette E. Hey girls, I'm dying to know: did "mama" have any hair? I can't quite tell from the photos. (I mean on her HEAD, you sick people, you.)
* Ok, you got me: I don't actually know what kind of cake this was.
UPDATE: I too thought that they just left the "s" off "surprise" at first, but then it would have been "urprise", not "uprise". Unless they spelled it wrong, and THEN left the "s" off - hah, double wreck! Or, I suppose it could be the name of the center.
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places.
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
We don’t have any copies of Cake Wrecks for sale here, autographed or otherwise. We decided the shipping and handling costs would be too high to make it worth your while. So instead, buy your copies locally or online and then order personalized bookplates: it’s cheaper, easier, and I think even looks a bit nicer.
Payments must be made through Paypal, which accepts all major credit cards. Sorry, but that means no checks or MOs or barter-based chickens.
We ship everything first class USPS, and will do our best to have your package in the mail within 2 days of your order.
Popular This Month
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (357)
- ► 2009 (420)
- Just Watch Out for the Buttercream Boulder
- So What Happens If You EAT the Frog?
- Buy Buy Buy
- And Now, a Word From Your Thanksgiving Turkey Cake...
- Creations That Might Possibly Be Representations o...
- Wrecktopia of Cornucopias
- Fall Fumbles
- Sunday Sweets: Let's Talk Turkey
- Turkey Turkey GOOSE
- The Displays That Time Forgot
- Just in Time for the Holidays
- Undeserving of Congrats
- Supermom VS the Diabolical Decorator of Doom
- Sooo Corny
- Sunday Sweets: You "Auto" Watch
- And For That Crowning Touch...
- The Sprinkles Decorator Strikes Again
- Face Time On CW
- Maximum Irony Has Now Been Achieved
- Monkey See, Monkey Doo-Doo
- Marine Wild Life: The Big 2-3-3!
- Watch a Cake Being Wrecked
- Sunday Sweets; Fondant Free!
- I've Heard of Death Taking a Holiday, But This is ...
- Cake Headlines
- It's Almost Like He's Part of the Family
- Oh, Mama!
- And Remember:
- As I Wreck Elect...
- The Beginning of the End?
- Sunday Sweets: Cupcakes!
- ▼ November (34)