Friday, November 14, 2008

The Sprinkles Decorator Strikes Again

Friday, November 14, 2008


What do you think, Steve B.? Are we dealing with a serial Wrecker here?
Frogglin said...

Beeeeyoooutiful. Classsssy. Still, maybe easier to write it than craft it :P

Anonymous said...

These are my favorite kind of wrecks. I heart this blog!

Word verification: swerlyg. Next time I order a cake I want to put this on the order form just to see what would happen...

Libba said...

oh my gosh. is this really for real? this is really a professionally made cake? i can't believe that!!!! how awful!

Boozy Tooth said...

I don't get it.

So instead I'll mention that I have achieved total cake wreck preoccupation. I woke up face down in my pillow last night from a dream where I was suffocating face down in the monkey cake. Seriously. It was a cakemare of epic proportions. Now I can't even get away from you in my sleep. Thanks Jen. Sheesh.

Alixandra Hice
http://casahice.blogspot.com

Word Ninja said...

Haha, yes! Return of one of my favorite styles-one I like to call "Literal". Although I think perhaps my favorite part is fact that, like the sprinkles cake, other than the obvious, there's really nothing wrong with either cake. They're actually quite pretty.

joyce said...

Well, at least they did not include the quote marks nor the parenthesis.

Johanna B said...

Was the cake rigged to explode at the appropriate moment?

Anonymous said...

George to Gracie: Say good night Gracie.

Gracie: "Good night Gracie."

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's a warning and the cake has a built in pyrotechnics system that will result in whoever cuts it being showered in cakey goodness?
Or the decorator has a Mission Impossible thing going and this cake will self destruct in 30 seconds...

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

My question is, is this an old cake? Or is the date another problem?

Das Mutter said...

I think I'm missing something, or my eyes are not functioning yet? I don't see any sprinkles? Help! :)

Bri said...

I'm wiping my eyes...
Goodness this is funny!

I'll get a headache though, if I try to understand the thought processes that allowed someone to pipe "Fireworks Explosion" onto someone's grad cake.

*headasplode*


Brianna @ passion.fruit
http://briannamccarthy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The sprinkles look like little bits of plastic that would either choke you on the way down or... erm... choke things up on the way out.

That said. Roses for a "fireworks explosion"? Really?

Anonymous said...

On the upside everything is spelled right. . .

HorribleLicensePlates said...

Fireworks would have been easier than those roses. How hard are a bunch of scribbly lines?

Tracy O said...

Is this the same Wreckorator who did the "(Olympic Rings)" ? That was one of my faves! This may make the list, too! The rest of it looks great though, in an "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?" kind of way....

Tracy O

Anonymous said...

*facepalm* Wizard's First Rule -- people are stupid. Including this cake decorator. Is it that hard to ask questions if you're confused about an order?

On another note, is the surface of the cake all messed up or something? Or was this photo just taken through a layer of glass or plastic?

Lauren The Artist said...

Thats a riot!

Anonymous said...

I guess we should be grateful that it doesn't say "cap" in the top left of the "cake."

Cheron said...

Well, at least they SPELLED everything right! And the colours aren't wrecky, the lines are straight.

[Verification word: stful Shut the F* up, Lady?]

Anonymous said...

No doubt that it's the Serial Wrecker. Look at the shape of the cap. Exactly the same in both, unless there's a bad stencil out there somewhere in general circulation.

Unknown said...

Hmmm... I think this decorator needs to find a new career.

sweettc said...

lol wow hmmmmm I can just see every ones face when they saw it. hmmmmm wow lol

Anonymous said...

This cake looks like it's *been* thorugh an explosion. The colors look streaky and the frosting is pockmarked.

Sara said...

how can people be so dumb? seriously! LOL!!

Unknown said...

i read your blog everyday and i love it! this decorator has just made my friday morning(always a good thing) into a GREAT friday morning. i have the "i want sprinkles" wreck pic on my office wall;"firework explosion" has joined it! this decorator: great decorator or the greatest decorator? only history will tell...

Boozy Tooth said...

Just to clarify my confusion... I DO get that there was supposed to be a fireworks explosion decoration on the cake - not an inscription - but what do fireworks and sprinkles have to do with one anothe?. Unless you mean the "I want sprinkles" cake and this customer got gypped by the same decorator? Have we really come to that?

Angie McCullagh said...

But the cake would be so boring with just plain old fireworks! The inscription is so much more hilarious. Unless, that is, it's intentional.

You have some drama going on in the Comments here today. Huh.

Angie (from over at www.HalfAssedKitchen.com)

Ream O Rama said...

A Fireworks explosion AND roses AND blue icing guaranteed to stain your guests? I'm kinda thinking Leslie is right; this thing blows. Up I mean.

Hee.

Anonymous said...

It really does seem like it came from the same place! The upside down Hershey kiss hat, the flowers along the lower right corner, the verbatim inscription! Only the writing isn't as nice! They're training minions!!!!

E.A.D. said...

It's always good to start your day with a laugh. How did this person not realize that when someone says "can you put a fireworks explosion on that?" that they meant "Make fireworks with sprinkles or icing"?

(word verification: lablefr. Say what?)

Carrie and Michael Brown said...

Can anyone seriously be THAT clueless? Duh!

Anonymous said...

Oh good Lord I love cakewrecks. You should have heard the snort I just emitted. Too.damn.funny.

John and Alisha Stults said...

I love how they also wrote out Fireworks Explosion instead of drawing a fireworks explosion. I love checking this site because it always makes me laugh!

Alison said...

Hey, now wait a minute...how do we know that this isn't marking a traditional event called "fireworks explosion" held by the school every year for graduation? I mean, it is possible, right? Right? Probable? Well, maybe not.

Oh, and Alix? I think you might have a problem...I'm no professional, but you're kind of scaring me a little.

sues2u2 said...

Is this another Wal-Mart wreck?

If the decorator only knew how to Read!

Heather said...

Ah hhahahahahahaahha

I really like that!

Misha said...

I wonder if the decorator ever stopped to wonder why someone would possibly want the words, Fireworks Explosion, on such a cake.
When this happens, do they assume it's a weird inside joke in every. Single. Case?

[Word Verification: persap. Hybrid of per se and perhaps?]

Becky said...

"Fireworks explosion" makes me think of Borat. Romance explosion

Anonymous said...

I'll say what my Dad used to say when someone was less than correct; (especially in the business world!) "BRILLIANT!!!"
rofl


Yvonne

Donna M. said...

I'm almost surprised the decorator didn't draw pebbles on the cake for "rocks!" *g*

One of the first things I do in the morning is check to see what the day's wreck will be. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Note to self... don't pop in here with a mouthful of food... I now have to clean Chicken and Rice off everything....

This kind of wreck is just priceless... and the gag just doesn't seem to get old.

Word verification is ejecti.... I think the "decorator" needs to be ejecti from her job for incompetence.

Sarah said...

I am a big fan of the dreidel. This bakery could be selling out of cakes in December.

Anonymous said...

LOL this made my day

Anonymous said...

Um...

Kalejosm, there are no sprinkles on this cake.

John & Alisha, the fact that 'fireworks explosion' is written out IS the wreck. What else do you see?

I, too, am worried about Alix.

K.

Unknown said...

Amanda, your commentary was perfect:
"They're training minions!!!!"

They are, indeed! *shudder* :)

Anonymous said...

The hat is drawn the same way (esp. the bottom edge!) so maybe it really IS a serial wrecker!

Boozy Tooth said...

LOL flartus! I appreciate your concern. No more recounting Cake Wreck dreams online, I promise!

[dialing psychiatrist]

Ms Ashley said...

hahah... I'd love to meet this Cake Wrecker in real life and hope that they did this on purpose!

Unknown said...

Even though I think the "I want sprinkles" one might have been better...I love it. Keep on wreckin', anonymous baker!

Michelle said...

I love that it took me a minute to figure out what the big problem was. The wrecker must have gotten up at 4 am too.

MaryO said...

I can't believe this person still has a job as a kake (wreck)dekorater. Oy.

CaliGirl9 said...

I'm with Donna. It could have been far worse. There could have been little brown pebbles for rocks ... or with the overuse of fondant, a nice pile of attractive gray fondant rocks... above the fireworks and explosions.

Kopperhead said...

I would stay away from that cake. I'm surprised the bomb squad hasn't arrived!

Hyena Overlord said...

ali said..."Although I think perhaps my favorite part is fact that, like the sprinkles cake,..."

I too, thought of the sprinkles cake.


word verification dowerst...is that a street name?

jackie31337 said...

Alix said Now I can't even get away from you in my sleep. Thanks Jen. Sheesh.

I think we should form a support group. I've dreamed about cake wrecks, and I think at least one or two others have too. Thankfully, the most frightening thing in my cake wreck dream was the horrific misspelling of "congratulations".

Word verification: wases - "vases" written by a Finnish speaker (W and V are considered essentially the same letter in the Finnish alphabet and are often used interchangeably).

Rebecca said...

Ok, I have to admit it took me a few scratches on the head to figure out what the problem was here...I have no idea what I thought "fireworks explosion" was supposed to be.

The title is somewhat misleading (I'm making excuses now) I was looking for a sprinkles problem.

Keemster said...

Jen, I am cracking up as I read all of the comments from the people who obviously do not get this cake wreck post.

Stop the madness!!!

Anonymous said...

*sigh*

I still want sprinkles

Anonymous said...

Is the problem that the cake decorators at some of the big chains don't speak English? I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but with some of these wrecks it seems that just MUST be the case. It's either that or they've completely failed at life rofl. What a waste of perfectly good icing....

Suzy Manhattan said...

Poor poor Alix. She expresses her most horrible post-traumatic stress issues with the monkey CCC, and her cake community fails her.

I'm in your corner, Alix. These things can haunt your dreams. Chin up sistah!

heartafire said...

No. they. di'nt.

heartafire said...

This cake absolutely should be served up on a chinesto platter (word verification).

I wreckommend it for placement on the Top "10" list of "all" time.

No, really, Its that good.

Seriously, It's most outstanding feature is It's wrecktacular decorations---imagine: ROSES "and" FIREWORKS in a synergistic wrecksplosion of cakey- bakey graduational melange...

Whats not to "love"?

heartafire said...

And to think....after I spent about 5 minutes working on my comment and trying to make it "extra" Special.... NOW the word verification is "inkya"!

....which inspired me to inkya another one!

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

LOL for some reason this type of wreck cracks me up. I think these are my favorites.

Jenny Lou Who said...

This is my hands-down favorite blog. It's the one I look forward to every day!

Anonymous said...

on the plus side, everything is SPELLED correctly...

Candy said...

Maybe they wanted rocks on it too? I love literal-cy. But I wouldn't want to be the one to cut the first piece and set off the fireworks.

You seriously do have bizarre word verification. Do you get to make those up? It's like word-wreck verification.

Anonymous said...

i see no sprinkles. this is a worse crime than over using them.

cadylee said...

ha, ha ... for a second I thought "Fireworks Explosion" was just some catchy phrase the class of 2007 had adopted. "I just got an A on my test! Fireworks explosion!"

Chocolate said...

serial wrecker...

I don't know whether to be horrified or deeply entertained. So I'll settle for both.

I seriously want to order a cake and have them put "Rainbow Sprinkles Please" on it. Just to see how wrecktastic that surns out.

Anonymous said...

This must either be one big distributor or a popular generic design, cause I found another one, and another. I think the astonishing need to be literal is a cry for help.

jackie31337 said...

Anonymous said Is the problem that the cake decorators at some of the big chains don't speak English?

That seems like a definite possibility. Thinking of the foreign languages I've learned, I'm sure there was a point in the learning curve where I would have been able to make enough sense of the language to copy words off a piece of paper but not to understand the meaning of those words.

Nancy B said...

Because of the informative byline, I can see the fireworks in my rich imagination. So beautifully vivid...I can almost feel the casings falling down on my head. Ah, thank you cakewrecks.

Nosnin said...

A good cake decorator would call the customer and ask if that is what they really want on the cake. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow... I can't believe I actually had to read the comments and go back to look at the photo a second time before I saw the error. Too much time spent viewing cakewrecks perhaps?

Juddie said...

I love these wrecks - it's so tempting to order one with extra instructions just to test the cake-maker.

I particularly love the fact that this has been done by a serial cake wrecker. Too funny!

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!