Monday, June 15, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
Huh. Now, I hear you when you say "it's the thought that counts," Janet S., but I'm pretty sure that doesn't include afterthoughts. Particularly misspelled ones. Right, "Dady"?
Well, this one sure is pretty, which - as Elena N. knows - is always key when buying the old man a cake. But, "Daday"? Really? Who even pronounces it that way? (And before you ask: yes, this was supposed to read "Daddy".)
At least this next one *sounds* right:
"Deddie" - see? That works.
Wait a minute, though...something's not right here. What's with all the pink? And the polka-dotted mountains/slides/sleep mask?
What's that, Melissa K.? This was for Debbie, the breast cancer survivor?!?
Well geez, that really doesn't belong in this post at all, then, does it? Heheh.
[tugging at collar] Ahem. So, moving on...
Yep, this too was supposed to say "Daddy". Very... creative. And that's a nice use of all-caps. When in doubt, scream it, I always say.
RIGHT, MICKI H.?!?
So, I think we've all learned some valuable lessons here today. First, stick with "Dad" on the cake, and you'll have no problems at all:
(Yes, I see it, folks. See, I'm employing a clever bit of sarcasm here. Because I love sarcasm. Really.)
And secondly, when in doubt, SCREAM IT. (Tod & Cathy J., I must have that stitched on a pillow.)
Father's Day is this Sunday. Tired of getting Dad a boring old tie for the occasion? Then how about getting him a Carrot Jockey tie? Eh? No need to thank me; I'm just here to help.
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
Popular This Month
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (357)
- A Cake Wrecks Salute
- Tassel Hassles
- Sunday Sweets: Bullseyes
- Too Soon?
- Goodbye Captain Eo
- Transformers Going Down in Flames
- This One's For The Ladies
- The "Year" of the "Grad"
- Minions, Report!
- Celebrating the "Yes" with a bunch of "No"s
- Falker Satherhood Revisited
- Father's Day Wrap-Up
- Sunday Sweets: Happy Father's Day
- Keep It Stupid, Stupid
- Dastardly Dad Designs
- Threadcakes Contest
- My Dad's Cake is More Insulting Than YOUR Dad's Ca...
- KILL IT WITH FIRE!! (Oh wait, they already did...)...
- Better Dieting Through Cake
- Who's Your "Dady"?
- Sunday Sweets: Star Wars
- Wreckie Grad Shows Us How It's Done
- Star Wars Weekend
- Expressions of "Graditude"
- Well, That's Not a Good Sign
- Letter VS Spirit
- The Future's So Bright..
- Graduate! Celebrate! "Decorate!"
- Sunday Sweets: Candy!!
- One Upside to the Economic Downturn...
- Willy's First Order of Business
- And Now, MORE Weird Wedding Cakes
- Weird Wedding Cakes
- Cake Wrecks, World Educator
- Maybe We Should Stick with "Good Job"
- Insulting Inscriptions 101
- Panic at the Disco
- ▼ June (37)