Friday, June 19, 2009
Friday, June 19, 2009
Yep - tied for worst icing cohesion and worst neckwear representation. Unless that's supposed to be an alien joystick, of course. In which case, someone needs a checkup. Ew.
How about some tasty powdered hot dogs on the grill?
Jeremiah L. submitted this beauty over 10 months ago, and I still have no idea what it's supposed to be. A car? A grill? A set of weights? A toolbox? A lunchbox? Elmo? Herbie the Love Bug? A picnic basket? Bertie Bott's fizzing whizbees? Phil Spector? Seriously, WHAT IS THIS?!?
Stephanie H. & Phyllis L., I think I need to lie down for a bit. That white spot on the bottom chocolate cupcake is making me question my own sanity.
- Related Wreckage: Face Time on CW
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places.
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
We don’t have any copies of Cake Wrecks for sale here, autographed or otherwise. We decided the shipping and handling costs would be too high to make it worth your while. So instead, buy your copies locally or online and then order personalized bookplates: it’s cheaper, easier, and I think even looks a bit nicer.
Payments must be made through Paypal, which accepts all major credit cards. Sorry, but that means no checks or MOs or barter-based chickens.
We ship everything first class USPS, and will do our best to have your package in the mail within 2 days of your order.
Popular This Month
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (357)
- A Cake Wrecks Salute
- Tassel Hassles
- Sunday Sweets: Bullseyes
- Too Soon?
- Goodbye Captain Eo
- Transformers Going Down in Flames
- This One's For The Ladies
- The "Year" of the "Grad"
- Minions, Report!
- Celebrating the "Yes" with a bunch of "No"s
- Falker Satherhood Revisited
- Father's Day Wrap-Up
- Sunday Sweets: Happy Father's Day
- Keep It Stupid, Stupid
- Dastardly Dad Designs
- Threadcakes Contest
- My Dad's Cake is More Insulting Than YOUR Dad's Ca...
- KILL IT WITH FIRE!! (Oh wait, they already did...)...
- Better Dieting Through Cake
- Who's Your "Dady"?
- Sunday Sweets: Star Wars
- Wreckie Grad Shows Us How It's Done
- Star Wars Weekend
- Expressions of "Graditude"
- Well, That's Not a Good Sign
- Letter VS Spirit
- The Future's So Bright..
- Graduate! Celebrate! "Decorate!"
- Sunday Sweets: Candy!!
- One Upside to the Economic Downturn...
- Willy's First Order of Business
- And Now, MORE Weird Wedding Cakes
- Weird Wedding Cakes
- Cake Wrecks, World Educator
- Maybe We Should Stick with "Good Job"
- Insulting Inscriptions 101
- Panic at the Disco
- ▼ June (37)