Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Cheryl D. found this on Barack Obama's Flickr stream. Hmm. An off-center graphic, scrunched wording, and awkward blank areas? There's some irony at work here, I just know it.
I got a real kick out of these cakes and their descriptions, found by Louise L.:
"Show that you want Change We Need and endorse Barack Obama for President at your next party."
"Show that you put Country First and endorse John McCain for President at your next party."
Ah, I love capitalism. Let's see...do I want Change We Need, or do I put Country First? Decisions, decisions.
I do like how the decorator made both candidates look better than they do in real life, but someone should probably let him/her know that it's '08, not 08'. (Yes, I'm being nit-picky, but y'all would just berate me in the comments section if I didn't mention it.)
Oh, and check out how this bakery is hedging its bets:
Chris H., one of these cakes is going to make someone very, very sad tonight. I'm almost ashamed of myself, laughing like this. (Almost.)
I really can't decide which one is worse; both cakes have the same 08' mistake and overly squished "congratulations". Of course, that "c" in McCain looks like it was tacked on as an afterthought, but then again Obama's cake got two of the least American flag-looking flags I've ever seen. Hmm - yeah, I think I'll call it a draw. (And no, there will not be a recount on that.)
Hey, you know what I think of when I see Obama & Biden? Cupcakes. Yep. Totally. Fortunately, Nikki B. has got me covered:
Talk about unfair: this bakery didn't offer McCain or Palin cupcakes! What the hey, guys? Americans deserve to eat icing effigies of all their presidential and vice presidential candidates! I'm pretty sure that's in the constitution somewhere, anyway.
Well, happy voting, everyone! Oh, and please, no politics in the comment section, eh? I'm sure we're all about politic'd out (off?) by now.
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places.
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
We don’t have any copies of Cake Wrecks for sale here, autographed or otherwise. We decided the shipping and handling costs would be too high to make it worth your while. So instead, buy your copies locally or online and then order personalized bookplates: it’s cheaper, easier, and I think even looks a bit nicer.
Payments must be made through Paypal, which accepts all major credit cards. Sorry, but that means no checks or MOs or barter-based chickens.
We ship everything first class USPS, and will do our best to have your package in the mail within 2 days of your order.
Popular This Month
- December (28)
- November (29)
- October (35)
- September (33)
- August (29)
- July (29)
- June (35)
- May (30)
- April (26)
- March (28)
- February (25)
- January (30)
- December (34)
- November (33)
- October (36)
- September (38)
- August (32)
- July (33)
- June (37)
- May (36)
- April (33)
- March (34)
- February (31)
- January (43)
- December (44)
- Just Watch Out for the Buttercream Boulder
- So What Happens If You EAT the Frog?
- Buy Buy Buy
- And Now, a Word From Your Thanksgiving Turkey Cake...
- Creations That Might Possibly Be Representations o...
- Wrecktopia of Cornucopias
- Fall Fumbles
- Sunday Sweets: Let's Talk Turkey
- Turkey Turkey GOOSE
- The Displays That Time Forgot
- Just in Time for the Holidays
- Undeserving of Congrats
- Supermom VS the Diabolical Decorator of Doom
- Sooo Corny
- Sunday Sweets: You "Auto" Watch
- And For That Crowning Touch...
- The Sprinkles Decorator Strikes Again
- Face Time On CW
- Maximum Irony Has Now Been Achieved
- Monkey See, Monkey Doo-Doo
- Marine Wild Life: The Big 2-3-3!
- Watch a Cake Being Wrecked
- Sunday Sweets; Fondant Free!
- I've Heard of Death Taking a Holiday, But This is ...
- Cake Headlines
- It's Almost Like He's Part of the Family
- Oh, Mama!
- And Remember:
- As I Wreck Elect...
- The Beginning of the End?
- Sunday Sweets: Cupcakes!
- October (38)
- September (29)
- August (26)
- July (25)
- June (18)
- May (18)
- April (1)