Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Between the faded-out colors and crumbled who-knows-what littering her face, Tyra has seen better days.
I can see why the construction crew was called in: this cake-tastrophe not only split the earth asunder, it also rained cigarette ash from the sky. Nice blue border though. Er, why is that there again?
Nah, these aren't Wrecks. They're actually kind of cool, in a bizarre way - so I thought I'd share. The green prickly one in particular fascinates me.
What in the Sam hill is going on here?!? Is that supposed to be Barbie's skirt? Because it looks like some massive icing eruption, with her shooting out of the top like a human cannon ball.
And speaking of eruptions and cannon balls, I hope I don't get in too much trouble for posting these next, honorary "cake" Wrecks:
Really, these have got to be the least phallic looking phalli I've ever seen - so if your kids ask, they're little rocket ships, mkay? Just ignore that little sign. Check out the sweet display setup, too: that yellow plastic bucket is totally selling 'em. And what do you suppose that crumbly bread-ish looking thing is next to it? Wait, scratch that; I don't want to know.
Thanks to eagle-eyed Wreckporters Mark T., Monique R., MR, Rachel D., and Xanna C.
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places.
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
We don’t have any copies of Cake Wrecks for sale here, autographed or otherwise. We decided the shipping and handling costs would be too high to make it worth your while. So instead, buy your copies locally or online and then order personalized bookplates: it’s cheaper, easier, and I think even looks a bit nicer.
Payments must be made through Paypal, which accepts all major credit cards. Sorry, but that means no checks or MOs or barter-based chickens.
We ship everything first class USPS, and will do our best to have your package in the mail within 2 days of your order.
Popular This Month
- December (28)
- November (29)
- October (35)
- September (33)
- August (29)
- July (29)
- June (35)
- May (30)
- April (26)
- March (28)
- February (25)
- January (30)
- December (34)
- November (33)
- October (36)
- September (38)
- August (32)
- July (33)
- June (37)
- May (36)
- April (33)
- March (34)
- February (31)
- January (43)
- December (44)
- November (34)
- October (38)
- Going to the Dogs, Continued
- Media Bullseye Interview
- Going to the Dogs
- Sunday Sweets to Make Henson Proud
- Adding Insult to Injury
- The Great Cupcake Cake Debate Continues
- Any Occasion Will Do
- My Youngest Wreckporter
- Why We Need More Male Cake Decorators
- Sunday Sweets: Cake Journal
- Dead Men May Tell No Tales, But Wrecked Cakes Sure...
- Mixed Signals
- Wrecks Takes a Field Trip
- What's in a Name?
- Cupcake Cakes: Always Wrecktastic. Always.
- Wall-E, the Cake Wreck(er)
- One Really IS the Loneliest Number
- Inappropriate, Much?
- Is This a Wreck? You Decide.
- Don't Do It, Billy!
- The Cake Head Diet Aid: Killing Appetites Since 20...
- The Painted Cake Cometh
- I Think I've Just Been Punk'd
- Fan Wrecks
- A Purrfect Pair
- Promises, Promises
- Mmmm, Chest Hair.
- Rather Good Cake Video
- Wrecks on Display
- August (26)
- July (25)
- June (18)
- May (18)
- April (1)