Saturday, April 11, 2009
Saturday, April 11, 2009
What's that? Get on with the Wrecks already? Fine. But don't expect my usual verve and vigor; I'm feelin' a little more Sturm und Drang. And grumpy. Definitely grumpy.
First, here's more proof that if you look good enough, no one will care what you say:
Soak it all up, Allison H., 'cuz "Sping" here is the cutest character you're gonna see today. Which is fine by me. Bah. Cuteness - it's just so...cute. Totally not conducive to a good funk-fest.
Yeah, so let Cute Overload have their Muzzle Puffs; we have Moldy Puffs:
And what are you smirking about, Mr. Pickle-Ears? Didn't you get the memo? I'm in a bad mood, so you're supposed to look grumpy. Like these guys:
Ok, now we're veering into territory that's more tragic than grumpy. [shrug] Works for me.
'Course it's a rabbit. See the white ears? And the artificial "Easter" grass on top? Really, I don't see how the decorator could have made it more obvious for you. [eye roll]
How about a couple of coiled yellow snakes to get you in the Easter spirit?
[Glaring beady-eyed] Maybe it's the mood talking, but I want to kick this cake. That bunny is way too ugly to be that stinkin' happy. He also appears to have laid a "chocolate egg," if you catch my drift.
[sigh] I know, I know, I'm spreading my bad mojo all over the place here. Maybe I just need to blow off a little steam by playing Impale the Flotsam on the Easter cake:
Or I suppose I could look on the bright side: This isn't my birthday cake:
Ok, yeah, that helps a little.
I could go on, but I think you have more than enough Wreckage to tide you over for today. And remember, send me some NICE Easter cakes for tomorrow, or else I'll...I'll...uh...have nothing to post tomorrow. Yeah. (Note to self: Work on "threatening" tone.)
Thanks to Bree L., Karolin R., Lysa, Megan G., Jennifer J., Darla D., & Mianne for today's finds.
*I know you can't tell, but I totally typed that with a straight face.
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places.
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
We don’t have any copies of Cake Wrecks for sale here, autographed or otherwise. We decided the shipping and handling costs would be too high to make it worth your while. So instead, buy your copies locally or online and then order personalized bookplates: it’s cheaper, easier, and I think even looks a bit nicer.
Payments must be made through Paypal, which accepts all major credit cards. Sorry, but that means no checks or MOs or barter-based chickens.
We ship everything first class USPS, and will do our best to have your package in the mail within 2 days of your order.
Popular This Month
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (357)
- Jen Pipes Down
- Happy Earth Day to You...
- Happy Day, Earth!
- The Twilight of Our Discontent
- Cake Wrecks, a Role Model?!?
- Sunday Sweets: James' Sweet Safari
- Professionally Administrated Wrecks
- That Personal Touch
- Wrecks Rerun
- Well, Cake IS My Drug of Choice...
- Belly Cakes, Continued
- Return of the Belly Cake
- Sunday Sweets: Game On!
- Magic Eye
- These Cakes Are Not Wrecks (But They Play Them on ...
- More Sponge Cake!
- How to Fail in Spelling Without Really Trying
- What About Spongebob?
- Easter Update
- Passover these Wrecks
- Easter Sunday Sweets
- Easter Wreck Round Up
- Easter Potpourri
- Chick Chicky Boom
- An Easterly Wind is Blowing
- Sunday Sweets: Geeky Goodness
- Gee, Ya Think?
- Fear Factor, CW Style
- The Nose "No"s
- In Honor of the Rick Roll
- Botched Balloons
- ▼ April (33)