Thursday, March 12, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Now, I was going to make some sarcastic remark about TiVo making all the wedding guests wear fuzzy antennae and providing logo-riddled party favors, but when I checked the photo source I discovered they actually did.
Reality, you win. I just can't compete with your superior level of absurdity.
"Uh, girls? When I suggested a 'diaper cake' for the shower, I meant those cutesy things made of actual diapers. But hey, this is...nice. Really."
I can't be certain, but it looks like there's a beer can embedded in this cake. Which, from the ad exec's perspective, is perfect: the customer gets a cake AND a sample of your product. From the look of that cake, though, I think I'd just take the beer.
Besides, in the battle of the beers you know the one that teams up with Playboy is gonna win every time:
Now that thur cake is Classy with a capital "C", but you can't deny that the can placement is a stroke of genius. Srsly, is there any location on earth that gets more of men's undivided attention than a woman's chest? [waving] Hey, fellas, I'm up here. Hellooo! I said...oh, never mind. I think you just made my point anyway.
(Note: Yes, even the beer can is cake. Amazing, right? [shaking head] It's sad to see great talent wasted - I mean, c'mon: Coors Light?)
Lucinda M., Joy D., Kyla Z., and Summer R., I'm thinking I should get in on this racket. Tell you what: write www.CakeWrecks.com all over the next wedding cake you see, and I'll give you...well, nothing. But I might post the photo here if you send it to me. How's that?
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places.
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
We don’t have any copies of Cake Wrecks for sale here, autographed or otherwise. We decided the shipping and handling costs would be too high to make it worth your while. So instead, buy your copies locally or online and then order personalized bookplates: it’s cheaper, easier, and I think even looks a bit nicer.
Payments must be made through Paypal, which accepts all major credit cards. Sorry, but that means no checks or MOs or barter-based chickens.
We ship everything first class USPS, and will do our best to have your package in the mail within 2 days of your order.
Popular This Month
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (357)
- Back to Basics
- Sunday Sweets: The Undead Wed
- Breaking News: Heeeere's Bobby!
- Celebrating A Different Kind Of V Day
- Romance is Dead
- Do These Taste Chewy to You?
- Have a Ball!
- Such Deers
- Sunday Sweets: Like Buttah
- Or As I Like to Call it, "The School of Hard Knock...
- Shirking my Shirtly Duties
- First Impressions
- They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha Haa!
- Carrot Jockeys Make Excellent Ground Troops
- No, No, No! THIS is How You Resign with a Cake.
- Rockin' Shams
- Sunday Sweets: Get OUT - That's Cake?!?
- Amused Am I
- Killer Friday the 13th Creations
- Corporate Sponsored Cakery
- Today I am NOT Irish
- Grammar Nazis Beware
- Bakery PSA
- Magically Delicious?
- Sunday Sweets: Tuning in for 80s Cartoons
- Hey Nurse, Slip Me Some Tongue!
- Great Wrecks in History
- This One's for the Girls
- Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow
- "And in the Mornin', I'm Making WAFFLES."
- Nah, These Won't Traumatize the Kids at ALL
- Sunday Sweets: More 80s
- ▼ March (34)