Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Meet the Snark Behind the Curtain

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hey, y'all! I recently did an interview with Sasha and Rick over at cakelava. Want to know the real definition of a "Wreck"? Where the idea for the blog came from? How many times a week I STILL get the Wal-Mart cake e-mailed to me? Then click here!

Be sure to check back tomorrow, too, for the second half of the interview.
Sarah said...

So...have you thought about putting the wal-mart cake on your blog?



I'M KIDDING!!!


Thats pretty awesome that people want to interview you. Now you need some really dark sunglasses. =)

Lorraine said...

Great interview! You're a real celebrity now!!!

P.S. The carrot jockeys is my fave, too. I can't look at a carrot cake without laughing!

DizzyMissLizzy said...

I love your blog, and your commentary always makes me laugh. Carrot jockey babies ftw!

Snowberry and Lime said...

Thanks for the link! It's a great interview and it was fun to get to know a little bit about you. :)
One of my fave cakes is probably the bride, and of course the lettering ones, no matter if gramatically wrong or inverted commas....

Veronika

heartafire said...

You so deserve to be interviewed by PEOPLE MAGAZINE. You are too too funny.
Carrot Jockey is cute, but not my favorite...
Your blog is just one of those that has to be digested in full....

Aha...I just caught Sarah's WHOLE comment...at first read, I just skimmed over it, thinking how lame can you be, swhat a lazy reader, she *clearly* states "DON'T MAIL ME THE WALMART CAKE" so giveitarestalready, doofus....

Then I saw the rest of Sarah's post.

Oops. My bad. I guess I'M the one lacking the humor dept. and am the lazy reader....

G Spot Unveiled© said...

well, i love cakes!
my favourite one is the devil's food cake...i just adore it
you know,i eat those cakes in overdose and i never gain any weight...that's really a mistery..and i want to gain some weight but i can't :(
anyway...it's really nice to find you in the blogspot ;)
kisses from Greece :***

Anonymous said...

That was a fantastic interview! I can't wait to read the second part.

I think I only get about 50% enjoyment of your blog from the actual cakes. The other 50% is your commentary. I am a fan of the written word and especially the funny stuff :-) You do a great job.

Anonymous said...

OH! P.S. While I love the carrot jockeys, the melting Braveheart will always be my favorite. It rendered me speechless which is quite a feat.

Cassie said...

wonderful blog! i just discovered you today and left something for you on my blog!!

Anonymous said...

That's "y'all," not "ya'll." Sorry, but if you're going to make fun of punctuation on cakes, yours should be correct.

I do love this blog, though!

Meg said...

My favorite cake is definitely the baby shower cake with the naked woman giving birth and the words "Push, Olivia, Push!" iced on.

So wrong and yet still, I laughed at it.

Anonymous said...

My hubby and I were just debating which wreck was our favorite. The one that had to be boyed up and the slab of fish w/daisies are up there. The carrot jockies are pretty funny too though.

I loved the interview. I checked out their website after reading the interview, and they have a couple wrecks on there as well. I didn't feel right submitting them since they were so kind to interview you, so we made due by making up our own commentary.

Jen said...

@ anonymous: Mmmph. In my (apparently meager) defense, I've always viewed my spelling of ya'll to be short for ya all, as opposed to you all. My husband assures me quite vehemently that this is incorrect, and so in the interests of my continued marital harmony I have amended said spelling. Grudgingly.

I would like to remind those of you who agree with my husband that silence is golden, and that a ticked-off blog writer is far less likely to post as often as a happy blog writer. That is all.

Anonymous said...

Husbands are always wrong. My wife told me that, so it must be true. At least, I think that's what she said. I wasn't really listening.

Emery

emily said...

Oh please continue to post! Your blog is the reason why I work at a place with only slightly-ridiculous web monitoring. If I can read cakewrecks with my morning coffee and try not to spit it all over my monitor, I am content for the day.

Kaye Prince said...

Great interview! I've told all my friends about your site and have it linked through my blog, I think you're doing a fantastic job.
While I love the Carrot Jockey cake and the Fireman cake, I think the "Sexual Harassment" cake is still one of my favourites!

Anonymous said...

*cough* In your defense, I grew up in Texas and I've seen a number of folks spell it "ya'll" because of the tendency to pronounce it as "ya all". And depending on the number of beers you've had or just how close to Austin you really are it comes out "yawl" anyway leaving the punctuation completely ambiguous.
Just remember the plural of y'all is "all y'all"...blow that one and them's fightin' words. ;-)

Jill said...

I want to know which cake was made by the baker who was "not amused"...

April Fossen said...

I want/need a cakewrecks apron!