Thursday, August 28, 2008

Boobs!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Check out what they're selling over in merry ol' Ireland:


And here I thought Ireland was just a country of rainbows, shamrocks, and lilting-voiced innocents frolicking through the fields. You know, because like every good American I make it a point to base all of my stereotypes on popular breakfast cereals.

This is one instance where the packaging hugely overshadows the cake itself. I especially like the font choice: it's like they were going for "suggestive" and ended up at "crazy deformity" instead. And despite the "busty" claim, this is actually a pretty tame cake. Here submitter Rachel S. and friends set up a comparison shot:


Well, Cute Overload has Cats 'n' Racks: I guess now we have Cakes 'n' Racks. (And no, you may not start sending in candidates for the new category, ladies, no matter how clever you think your new cupcake holder is. We have standards here, doncha know.)
knittinglane said...

I love the new post, your blog is adorable!

Anonymous said...

I think cutting into this cake might make me feel as though I was performing a biopsy. Somehow I don't think that would make for very enjoyable cake eating!

beloved30 said...

I hope they are serving that with milk!

Anonymous said...

As a lilting-voiced innocent who is currently frolicking though the fields of County Cork in Ireland, I really feel I must point out to you that the cake above is actually made and brought into this country by Tesco... a British company, who incidently are looking to rule the world - let Walmart's cake makers look out... Clearly we Irish would never stoop so low.

V. Nicharico said...

So...is a girly cake, or do you serve one to every fella at the bachelor party (So says the husband...*sigh*)

Anonymous said...

or else plastic surgery! "Doctor, I'm unhappy with my yellow cake A cup! Could you make me a Chocolate C?

Anonymous said...

(*)(.)

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Oh my!!!

Kara said...

And yet, if I just saw the cake I'm not sure I would know what it was supposed to be. Surely they can make them more boob-like! If you're trying to be tacky, you can't go halfway.

CULTURE CREATORS said...

Ohhhh goodness haha hmmm the cake isn't that cool they could have done so much more with the idea...




xCC

evil cake lady said...

that the ladies were so thorough as to take a comparison shot makes this post hilarious.

Danielle said...

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the logistics of this cake? Does it actually come boxed and ready to eat? Also, it appears to have the bikini-type thing in the front of the boobs when it should be sort of on top. Am I seeing this wrong? All around, a weird cake. I can't imagine them selling so many that they would need special packaging for it either. Silly American, the Irish LOVE boobs.

Anonymous said...

As my daughter said years ago when looking at some pictures on the front of Cosmo..."Mommy that woman has a butt on her chest":)

Dea said...

LMAO!!! Oh man, you're so right - those ain't busty, they need implants to get to busty!!!

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

the best part of this pic is the balance of boobies surrounding the deformed cake battered ones..

very cool!

Crusty beef~

Sabina E. said...

mmm, edible boobs! lol

Anonymous said...

You can get that everywhere in Britain... including in Tesco next to the Winnie the Pooh and Hannah Montana Cakes!

Jenny said...

Good Old Tescos - as their moto says "Every Little Helps" although they're not so little in this case, are they??!!

Amy-Jo said...

like a couple of other people have said, this is widely available in the UK from Tesco and has been for some time...my Boyfriend had one bought for him as a 21st birthday cake by friends,and that was February 2007!it never got eaten though,all the lads were having too much fun having their picture taken holding it up as their own boobs.think it eventually fell off the cake board!though why that didnt stop them eating it i'll never know...
love the blog!

Erin said...

You may already know this, but this blog got a shout-out on the Charm City Cakes blog! Mary Alice mentioned it here:http://www.charmcitycakes.com/noflash/index.cfm?rd=blog&pos=3.

Sleepwalker said...

Makes perfect sense. This company was once busted *insert rimshot here* for this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-412195/Tesco-condemned-selling-pole-dancing-toy.html

Anonymous said...

At least it is not red velvet!

Anonymous said...

Why?

Anonymous said...

Oooo I love these cakes. They've been around the UK for as long as I can remember and I always thought they were pretty tame, I mean if I wanna buy busty boobs I want BUSTY BOOBS! Something to sink my teeth into...

pablueeyes said...

This is the best blog ever...I send it to everyone I know.

Laura/Notepad said...

At first I read Laura and it made me laugh, hard (my first name is Laura xD)
LOVE this post :)

Anonymous said...

I'm also happy to say that this cake is from Tesco, I'd like to think Irish people have far more class than to invent something like this!

Anonymous said...

Tesco also did a cake using the same mould but it was decorated to look like a builders bum (ie bum crack popping over the top of a pair of jeans). I have no idea if its still available.

Melanie said...

At first I thought the box contained a "Rusty Boobs cake". HUH? Imagine how foolish I felt when I realised it actually said BUSTY, not rusty.

Tepid Halibut said...

Reminds me of a window display I saw in a Bruges Chocolate Shop.

http://www.big-iain.com/Brugge-Boobs.jpg

Nice to see them in both Milk Chocolate and White Chocolate.

Unknown said...

I work on the bread and cakes department at Tesco, where this cake is sold - one of my weekly tasks is to record upcoming expiry dates on cakes (yes, about as interesting as it sounds). I hate hate hate reaching up to the top - yes, the top! - shelf to check the Boobs cake. Please, customers, it's not my own curiosity, I have to do this!

Leah Winkler said...

I LOVE CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theo said...

Hey, we have standards too! They're just are our own custom standards.

Nue said...

Hi my name is Nkauhnue and I'm loving the busty boob cake. So cute and of course.....GIRLY!

nkauhnue-

Whereismyrobot said...

Someone made me this cake. It was awesome.
http://flickr.com/photos/whereismyrobot/385602571/

Unknown said...

Then how come I've never seen one in the Tesco where I live? Maybe it says something about the kinds of people I live near...

Anonymous said...

my mom actually made my dad a titty cake when i was a kid...but alas the boobs actually looked believable.
if only it looked bad!

tarajackson said...

We just got back from England a couple weeks ago, and we saw this cake in a Tesco! I grabbed one and shook it at my husband and proclaimed, "IT'S THE BOOB CAKE FROM THAT BLOG I READ!!" He about died laughing. I almost bought one just to show everyone here in the US, but I resisted. I couldn't think how I could get it through customs. Oh, Tesco, how I love thee and thy cake making ways.

Tara :)

Scarlett Robyn said...

O.K...
Um...
Well for starters, you're right, the boobs are not THAT busty. I know quite a few people with boobs that are bustier than that!!! (O.K... I am one of them!!(and i'm only in uni!!))
And next, they do not even look THAT much like boobs. I hate to seem nit-picky but they're not THAT realistic. There's no line down the middle!!
Also..why is it curved at the TOP??? It should be curved at the bottom!!!
And lastly... do you think it's guys or gals who are making this cake? I wonder how a guy would know... Unless...? (Sorry to put that image in your head if it wasn't already there!!)
Scarlett Robyn

Cupcakes Lady said...

A Tesco special...every little helps - obviously not! lol xx