Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hey Nurse, Slip Me Some Tongue!

Saturday, March 7, 2009

No, I'm not making a move on a medical professional; I'm just ordering some cake, Latvian style.

Check it:

According to the UK Telegraph:
"At the Hospitalis Restaurant in Riga, Latvia, staff dressed in nurse uniforms serve up a macabre cake topped with realistic-looking body parts such as fingers, noses and tongues..."

Yummy. I particularly like the tongues draping over the edge. And is that... ear hair?

Plus, with all those noses you know it has to smell funny.
(bah-dum-bump!)


Uh, Joyce? Check, please.
Queen Julian XIII said...

I don't know what disturbs me the most. The creepy, disembodied, floppy, hairy, and bloody body part pizza cakes, or the bizarre murals on the walls!!! YIKES!

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness. That's just disturbing.
-Deb

Sarah K said...

it's too early in the morning for a post like that! ew! i wonder if people actually ate any??

Anonymous said...

Do you have to be over 18 to enter that hospital restaurant? The background wall pics are a little provocative!

Ace said...

gross

Anonymous said...

One word.
EWWWWWWWW!

Becky said...

Whoa. I was about to go eat breakfast... but I just lost my appetite. And that takes a lot of doing. Those tongues just look so real!

Anonymous said...

um, what the hell is going on on the mural in the background?

Becky said...

And what's up with the wall decor? Is that a leg behind that woman? Is it supposed to be the front or the back of a person? And they are naked?!? Who has that on their hospital restaurant wall?!?

Happy Hour...Somewhere said...

Did you read that they make you sign an indemnity waiver to eat there? Their other dishes look like removed body parts and beer comes in a urine sample cup~! Can you imagine what milk might come in to eat with your cake? Great find.

Doublebanker said...

Definitely get me OUT of the mood for eating cake...hope whoever was making this was shaking their head the whole time!

Daily Gif Blog

DB

Anna said...

Ummm... I think I just threw-up a little, in my mouth...

Anonymous said...

All I can say is ewwwwwww!

Anonymous said...

To the nurse on the left, I'd just like to say, "How YOU doin'?"

Anonymous said...

Who would ever come up with an idea like this...I'm trying to figure out if those lines on the cake are supposed to be surgical scars or something...

Boozy Tooth said...

Hey, I'd eat it. I love disgusting body parts!

Get a load of this... word verification: "spook"

Anonymous said...

Vomit.

Kelley said...

Oh, Latvia... out-weirding everybody in the world since, well, I don't want to know when.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I mean... wow. That... is just... great. Oh, those wacky Latvians!

Of course, they could always partner up with this guy: http://inventorspot.com/articles/body_bread_13546

The Domestic Goddess said...

And the Latvians wonder why they're not a major power broker on the world stage!

Tantra Flower said...

Disturbing to me on many levels. Not only is this just gross, the placement of the body parts is unbalanced.

Unknown said...

Oh, those crazy Brits!
Having an interest in the macabre, I love it!!!
~Amy B

afterthoughtcomposer said...

http://www.hospitalis.lv/gal/image_eng.php?page=1&gallery_id=2&image_id=24

yup, they're provocative alright!

i wouldn't eat that cake if you paid me....well...it would depend how much you offered.

Anonymous said...

This is definatly not a family-friendly restaurant. Not only the cake and wall decor but did anybody else notice how short the nurses skirts are?

Amanda said...

I lived in Riga Latvia several years ago and NEVER saw anything like that there. Although, I probably would have gone to eat there just to say I did. And, don't let that awful cake sway you. I think their cuisine is quite good.

Anonymous said...

Oh, God. I don't think I can eat today anymore D:

-Sara

Buffy said...

My goodness, what is that??!! Kingdom Hospital?

Anonymous said...

OKAY. D: Happy hour, your post...it makes me want to vomit now D:

I guess it IS an 18plus restaurant...

-Sara

Anonymous said...

At least the bartender/surgeons are hunky. RAWR!

joyce said...

WOW !! I made Cake Wrecks!!! I thought I'd be one of a hundred who submitted Dave Barry's link to the story. WOW ! Amazing. Good cake for Halloween, eh?

Thanks! Y'all made my day! I just showed my husband, "look, honey, I made Cake Wrecks"---and he said, "what is it??" body parts

Glenn Beck was doing a cake in his chin skit on Fox today---anyone wanna screen grab it?

Anonymous said...

Of all of the disgusting cakes you've posted, this is the one that brought me closest to barfing. Yuck!

Word verification: ingent, what I DON'T want to do with this cake

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Eww. Just...eww.

FreedomFirst said...

*Gag*

Anonymous said...

First time I've ever rolled over the photos w/out looking at them. Some of us are having breakfast... ugh!

Anonymous said...

My 6 year old son thinks it's great! HA!

EveryGirl said...

oh .. AWFUL.

I WAS eating...

Denise said...

Um, yeah....the last thing I need is my cake tounging me back.

Anonymous said...

I think it's actually pretty neat, but that's just me apparently.

Heidi D said...

Wow...uh...{urp}

I don't have anything to say.

Yes I do.

Gross!

Happy Hour...Somewhere said...

Sara, if you thought that was gross, you should read the rest of the article. I left out the BEST bits~! The article was hysterical.

Kae said...

The words "why? WHY?" keep echoing through my head.

I'll let you know if the other voices in there come up with an answer.

the ginabean said...

Ugh! Who eats here?! Hannibal Lecter?

Eva Whitley said...

I would *totally* eat there.

What? It's CAKE y'all!

Anonymous said...

WHY???????

Mella said...

I'm desperately hoping that one day all these cake decorators get the memo: Body parts don't belong on cakes!!!

Path to You said...

That is Insanely Awesome! I can see where some people would see it as wrecky, but I say it would be a fantastic way to keep most people away from my cake! Except my closest friends, of course. They are as twisted and macabre as I am.

Scritzy said...

Oh my God! It's Eddie Gein's birthday cake!

*runs screaming from the room*

Anonymous said...

The walls might have to be censored...
I'm glad my cake just had Sailor Moon.

Unknown said...

Leave it to the pervs at The Telegraph to use the word "uniform" when "costume" would be more accurate. They've played doctor a few times too many.

Latvia may be ahead of the curve in having a fantasy restaurant that's not your standard middle ages or other safe themes. In Europe. Japan has had the niche & outre stuff for some time now. Some of it goes way over the top.

Chubby (by Japanese standards) maids in anime-baroque outfits not only taking your orders but also doing the cooking. AKA Gothic Lolita (which has nothing to with underage girls). Various flavors of Alice in Wonderland, frequently Gothic Lolita, with equally strange food. Vampire restaurants. Ninja restaurants. Prison restaurants.

Don't drop your utensils in that last one.

WM said...

GAK...GAK...GAK...URP

WV: CONDFALL: My eyeballs condfall out after seeing this.

Anonymous said...

This is just wrong. And I'M Latvian!

JJ said...

The cake is really disturbing, but I have to say I'm most disturbed by the slide-along advertisement that hovers over the middle of the screen while I am reading today's post. :(

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennifer,

I am so sorry. I didn't know about it and have requested that the ad company opt us out of all future floating advertising. I hate them too.

Sorry again,

john

Neen said...

I actually kind of like it.

Anonymous said...

Cannibalism by proxy.

Anonymous said...

JUST when I thought nothing could get worse than the internal organ or toe fungus cakes...

JJ said...

Thank you, John! You are awesome.

Ruprecht said...

Oh! My! Gordness!

I am in love.

Redheaded nurses! Redheaded nurses! REDHEADED NURSES ... !!!

(Oh. They're holding something, too.)

Rupe's in love.

......................... Ruprecht

P.S. E-mail me whenever you have redheads in photos ... holding things 'n' stuff .....

Little Scarf Girl said...

Yuck! x_x That is gross!

Melanie said...

Hmm..... I like tongue, I like cake, I get the feeling I should be ok with this combination. But I can't. Not to overuse the response, but WHY!? I really thought my worst reaction was to the foot cakes, yet I got a little grossed out when I imagined trying to consume the ears.

Anonymous said...

Bummer there's no decor for the girls.

Unknown said...

Hmmm... I guess you could say, it's the cake that eats YOU!

Anonymous said...

Disgusting! The worst cakes since I have started reading your blog. How does that restaurant stay in business?? "Come on in and try some fake ear hair and noses...in chocolate, vanilla or Italian cream."???? And what are the entrees? Butt roast shaped like a butt? Toast with toe jam? Just ewww.

Richard Boussarath Malone said...

I totally have the same red wig in my closet. Now I should go ask the local bakery for a body part cake to see what they cook up.

Liene said...

OK. I have to throw in my $.02 here. I am Latvian, I've been to Latvia and still have family there. It definitely is an interesting place, but come on, there are weird restaurants all over the world. I'm sure if you went to google right now and typed in "weird restaurants" it would bring up pages and pages. I know there are a lot of interesting restaurants in NYC alone that would make this look tame.

I would eat the cake, I'd just pick off all the body parts :-P
Surprisingly enough, there's some awesome food in Latvia that you just can't get around these parts. Unless your Latvian grandmother or mother makes it!

Anonymous said...

Wow. This whole scene is disturbingly reminiscent of the scene in Elm Street part 3 where Joey literally gets tongue-tied... the sexy nurses, the longer-than-anywhere-near-normal tongues...creepy. And Awesome.

Word verification:mantion
I forgot to mantion the pizza scene- I'd love to see an actual one of those in cake form.

Anonymous said...

In Soviet Russia, cake licks YOU.

;)

Hyena Overlord said...

http://www.woohome.com/travel/a-hospital-themed-restaurant-in-riga-latvia


It's no a hosptial. It's a restaurant called "Hospitalis"

still gross

wv...restu...restu rauch is the decor theme for this eatery.

gretchen said...

Being a waitress, my first thought was, "I bet those girls make a @(*$ ton of money."

Nonna said...

Oh, YUCK ! Some people find this clever or funny , even if it's gross and really creepy...can you imagine people visiting friends and family who have had surgery and then get those cakes pushed into their faces for fun and frivolity ? No thanks !

Nonna said...

Oh, no ! It's a real restaurant...that makes it even worse !

M M said...

I'm traveling to Latvia later this year, I might have to seek out this restaurant.

Anonymous said...

i'm latvian! i've never been to that restaraunt but they have crazy stuff like that all over! and about the murals... that's just weird, i can't explain that.