Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Indiscretions

Monday, April 5, 2010

NOTE: Mildly suggestive material ahead. Parents, please pre-read.


Today's cakes were sent in by a mister Seymour B.

(Ok, no they weren't, but that joke makes me snort.)


If your first thought upon seeing this cake was, "Look! A hidden Mickey!" then I want - no, need - to be your friend.


You know a Wreck is bad when calling it a "butt" is erring on the side of generosity:

Aaaagghh!!
Where's the rest of him?

(Just look at that foot angle. C'mon.)


No butts here, (except this one ->) but I think someone took "Playboy Bunny" a little too literally:

And right out in public, too. Tsk, tsk.

And finally, there's this thing:

Right now you're probably wondering if this is a bird or a bunny. In a few more seconds, though, you're going to notice how, er, ballsy the Wreckerator was with the design. Next you'll note the unfortunate placement of all that hair. Then the use of the color blue. And finally, you'll have an uncontrollable urge to e-mail this link to all of your friends and family - except Uncle Fred. (Fred's such a killjoy.)

Then, when I snap my fingers, you'll want to go to the nearest tattoo parlor and get "Cake Wrecks Rocks!" inscribed somewhere really obvious on your body. Ready? Annnnd...[snapping fingers]

Hey Becca, Kelly F., Anna C., & Alison R., ever consider permanent body art? Yes? Excellent.

- Related Wreckage: An Easterly Wind is Blowing
Annette said...

my son's response to cake three is "gramma must have made that one".

now his written comment (he's four and wants to write it himself)

hi

T@MOB said...

You said "public."

Hehehe.

Lauren Borquez said...

Umm the last two are just Wow...wow wow wow??

Heather said...

I still can't figure out what's wrong with the first picture because I keep seeing the hidden mickey. Sick, isn't it?

Steph said...

Every time I look at the second cake, I can't help but see some sort of smiling, three eyed alien creature(s).

Michele said...

I TOTALLY thought "hidden Mickey!" before I thought of anything else. Let's be friends!

Tigerwolf said...

I don't see a "Hidden Mickey" so much as I see an Albino Mickey lost in the rainforest.

^..^

Maggie K said...

What's the pooh & blue colored 'rainbow' on the last wreck supposed to be - the condom???

Disturbing is the only word that comes to my mind.

M.E.PEREZ said...

I actually thought about Mickey for the first one!

Lynn said...

Thank you, again, for making me snort my coffee first thing in the morning! I love laughing out loud each time I read your blog!! Keep up the good work!

By the way, my word verification word is 'bullical' Is that shorthand for I need to 'bully my calories' and eat more cake???? Sounds good to me!!

Lynn :)

Half Assed Kitchen said...

I'm sad to say, I didn't see the Mickey.

Mari said...

Well, Hello Jen!

My name is Maria and I must be your friend! :)

Before REALLY looking at the first one, I thought "Why is there a Mickey cake on an Easter post?!"... See?!

LOVED today's post. Just... WOW!

Amy said...

Actually, I thought that last cake was Darth Bunny!

Galadriel said...

I didn't see Mickey. I saw a Sesame Street yup-yup monster.

In fact, I can't see anything else...

Caroline B said...

I don't understand, all I see for cake no.4 is a little dicky-bird...

Tiffani said...

Alright, I am the person going "What's wrong with the Mickey" looking at 2nd picture and going "OHHHH, I see what its suppose to be!"

Evalis said...

cake:

1- "oh look, its Mickey."

2- looks at direction of feet relative to butt... "um, ok... ow."

3- "anyone else getting a hippie vibe off of this thing?"

4- "..." the fact that the cake is heart shaped is making me think 'valentines cake'... although that would mean it isn't a... non-specific easter related bird (yeah i'll go with that) and is, in reality, MEANT to be an anthropomorphic... you know what. Which is even funnier to me for some reason.

Auntie Meme said...

It's the Easter Turkey, Charlie Brown!

Classic Steve said...

The last cake made me think of breasts rather than balls. Personally, I find the red-nipple bunny most disturbing, and the sloppy face doesn't help.

Unknown said...

I definitely saw a hidden mickey in the first one :)

Gary said...

I must admit I don't get why anyone would want to represent just the hind end of a rabbit (or a baby, etc.) on a cake (or anything else), but if you're going to make one, why would you put the feet on backwards? This is the second or third one lately with backwards feet.
Is there some inside juoke here that I'm not getting?

blueiguana said...

My first thought was, "Why is Mickey an albino?" Let's be cyber-buddies.

jerel said...

Yes, before I even scrolled down to your commentary on #1, I said "Hey, it's a hidden Mickey!" My husband is a former Disney employee and we live in Orlando--our brains are wired this way now.

Danielle said...

That last picture is a wonky creature on an upside-down HEART CAKE. They'll use that cake pan for everything won't they?

And I love the random Disney references. You're a girl after my own upside-down heart cake.

Unknown said...

The fourth cake really has me considering age and freshness. I mean, if you take the timeline of holidays into account, it appears to be a Valentine's Day heart cake that may have had an "I [heart]U" inscription. Failing a V-Day sale, and found to still be in the cooler come November, it was flipped upside down and turned into a turkey for Thanksgiving. Failing yet another sale, and again found to still be in the cooler, they gave it one last go. Add a little blue and... ta-da! Spring Turducken!

Seriously, just how old IS that cake?

Bigbadteddy said...

That last one is just freaky! Is it a bird? Is it a rabbit? Is it a big pair of chocolate balls with odd shape wangs drooping off the side of them?

....the horror.

Jimh. said...

I've never been able to be hypnotized. So that won't work on me.

...Where IS the nearest Tattoo Parlor???...where's the phone book? hmmm, neck or forehead?

coeurdechoeur said...

1. It seems you need to be my friend.

2. I saw the feet as alien smiley faces first, then once I looked at the whole picture, I realized the poor thing's legs have been twisted a full 180°.

3. That one is just wrong. The spread legs make it even worse.

4. Oh I've got a loverly bunch of coconuts, deedly-dee-dee, there they are a-standing in the road...

wv: patedma - "I patedma self on the back after makin' all those purty cakes," said the wreckorator.

Doc Coleman said...

I still look at the last one and think, "It's a poocock!"

Doc

Christin said...

The first thing I thought of is why is Mickey on that cake?

Elisabeth Marie said...

You mean that's NOT a Hidden Mickey on the first cake?

Allison said...

Hidden Mickey? I can't see anything but Mickey! Even after looking at the second cake and seeing what the wreckerator was going for, I still just see Mickey. Albino Mickey, granted, with some sort of ear fungus, and something really wrong with his nose, but Mickey nonetheless.

Let's be friends.

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or does the "butt" cake look like to happy alien worms involved in something devious?

Marie said...

Honestly, when I first glanced on the page, I thought the first one was made from jello. I was wondering what was up with that. All I could see was green.

Anonymous said...

#4 - It's the Easter Ostrich, Charlie Brown!

verification word: yanast. Yanast-y ostrich cake ain't goin' to mah house fer Easter!

Katt said...

I thought that last one was a burlesque dancing turkey...

Melissa (& Billy) said...

Wow. These are probably some of the wreckier wrecks I think you've posted. Just when think you've hit the pinnacle of wreckiness, things like these atrocities to baked goods show up.

Yeeeikes. 0_0

Jules AF said...

So is that bunny face up with its head in the dirt? I'm confused.

Life Savers said...

First cake is a hidden Mickey made of poo.

White poo. I'm scared.

Anonymous said...

the easter weasel ate the head & upper torso of the bunny from the second one....

Unknown said...

I always knew I needed to be your friend. Makes me all warm and squish to know you feel the same. All hail the Mouse!

Unknown said...

I actually thought hidden mickey lol

Anonymous said...

"Look! A hidden Mickey!" is *exactly* what sprang to mind. They indoctrinate employees really, really well. It's been fourteen years since my stint at Disney World and I still see Mickeys everywhere...

Anonymous said...

Looks like a Mickey to me, too!

Unknown said...

DEFINITELY thought Hidden Mickey on that first one!

Unknown said...

Yay! I finally got a wreck on Cake Wrecks! I submitted the second one.
I did see that the feet were facing the wrong way (and I also see the smiling aliens), but I didn't notice that the tail could look like, ahem, something else.

Maybe the bunny was hobbled, a la Misery, before being thrown face-down in the dirt?

Alison said...

I seriously thought the label under the second one said "Dingle Cake." Only after wondering what the heck a dingle cake is, how Jen could possibly let that pass without comment, and taking a closer look, did I realize my error. (Still...that does sound like a frightening fad-cake, along the lines of CCCs.)

Jen, what have you DONE to my mind?!?

Mickey said...

Well since all I see is Mickey in cake #1 my name is Mickey and I have 5 Mickey Mouse tattoos, I think that makes us BFFs.

Strange thing is as soon as I read this post I ran out to my local tattooist 'cuz I just had to get a Cake Wrecks Rocks tattoo and there were 5 other people there getting the same thing so I came home 'cuz the line was too long. Oh well!!

Melissa said...

*raises hand*
Hi, friend! I totally thought Hidden Micky!"
-Melissa

Amaranthine said...

For the first one I saw a footprint made by a two-toed monster.

Bek said...

Completely thought it was Mickey. And I couldn't figure out why it was so terrible... Beyond a white-poo-Mickey head in a pile of grass...

One of those op-tee-kill illusions.

Riley said...

I used to work at Disney World, so I immediately thought it was a hidden Mickey!

Viiriäinen said...

Yay, Jen's my friend, Jen's my friend!! :) :)

Anonymous said...

wv: shibeho
"Ew, I can see that bunny's shibeho!"

Amy said...

I guess we're friends because the first thing I thought when I saw the first cake was, "Look! It's Mickey!"
As for the Playboy Bunny cake, my husband laughed so hard, I think I might get him one for Father's Day. What does Father's Day have to do with bunnies? Not much. But the bunny had BOOBS.

Adriana said...

ind of like the bunny butt idea and it looks a lot cuter than one of the "Good" bunny cakes posted yesterday (that looked like an actual human butt).

Ike Horton said...

Wait, cake one isn't a hidden Mickey?

sceaterian said...

Those three-eyed feet smiling at me will haunt my dreams.

Kim said...

Hi there, new besty! Not only did I immediately see Mickey, but it took me an inordinately long time to figure out *what* it was supposed to be! Albino Booby Tower sprang to mind long before rabbit tush.

#4 is just so wrong it's hard to believe a store would have displayed it! WV "nitrild"--yes, it's easy to believe that last one is nit riddled, but a nit-riddled WHAT?

Eve said...

I couldn't figure out what the first one would be BESIDES a Mickey, until I went down to the next one and noticed the trend.

And speaking of the next one...

AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! Why are its legs on backwards?!?

msyendor said...

Y'know, will all the bunny butt theme cakes, I can't help but wonder if the other side of the rabbit hole is the trophy wall of the Red Queen of Hearts.

Nope. Don't see the hidden mickey. *sniff* can we still be friends?

Unknown said...

Hahahahahahaha! LOVE the "Playboy Bunny"!

WV: narli

Today's wreckages were totally "narli", dude!

A Girl In Her Kitchen said...

I'd like to see a tatoo of a carrot jockey.

agirlinherkitchen.blogspot.com

Anthrophile said...

Am I crazy, or does the second one have its feet on backwards?!?!

Anonymous said...

I don't care about those bunnies, that first cake IS a hidden Mickey!

Heather said...

"Hidden Mickey" was indeed the first thing I thought of with the first cake. Good to know I am not the only one...

Annie said...

It took me a long time to realize that the first picture *wasn't* a Hidden Mickey.
Before the text under it I was ready to comment on here and say "no! That's no bunny! It's just a slightly poorly done Mickey!"

Then my friend pointed out the pads on the feet.

...and now I want a Hidden Mickey cake. I think I know what my son is getting for his birthday :)

Annie said...

It took me a long time before I saw that first picture as anything other than a Hidden Mickey. In fact, I was getting ready to comment here because I was so sure that you were mistaken and that this was no bunny booty but a Mickey.

Then my friend pointed out the pads on the ears--I mean feet.

And now I want a Hidden Mickey cake. Bad. I think I know what kind of cake my son is getting for his birthday :)

Catherine said...

In cake 2, I think it is an Alice in Wonderland cake and he was meant to be going down the proverbial rabbit hole, but his feet are still on backwards...

Holly said...

I like Albino Mickey :) That's really what I saw when i first looked and I was confused for a minute.

Anonymous said...

Maybe cake one....yanno, the Hidden Mickey cake....is on the other side of cake two. Head on one, bottom on two. Works for me.....

Anonymous said...

Of course I saw the hidden Mickey! Sheesh!

Also, where's the rest of him and who turned his feet around backwards?

Unknown said...

Yes, my first thought *was* "Oh look! A hidden Mickey!" Let's be friends.

Kate said...

I should be your friend!

I saw the 'hidden mickey' too!

You know your life is a little sad when you even stop and give puddles a second look because they look like Mickey!

Monkeyville said...

What is the first one supposed to be? I can't stop seeing the hidden Mickey!

FormerWOWGM said...

OK, We really really need to be friends!!!

Reggiemonster said...

Ok, I totally thought the first one was a hidden Mickey-- my four year old is obsessed with the idea of hidden Mickeys. :)

becky said...

I finally saw the bunny in the last one. It took a lot of concentration! I thought it looked like a whacked out peacock until I read your comment. Then, it was a cross between the peacock and a dirty picture, and I even questioned my sanity and wondered if they were going for Jesus. Then TaDa I saw a bunny! A very messed up bunny at that. As for mickey, I thought it looked like a white pile of poo with feet sticking out. These are so sad!

Molly Mouse said...

Most definitely thought of a hidden mickey! That's what 3 years of working at Disneyland does to you...

Syllva said...

My first thought about the first cake was "Why did someone put a white mickey mouse on a green cake and what does that have to do with Easter?" It wasn't till later did I notice the bunny-side-of-the-cake. I still see a Mickey though. Let's be friends!

Mari said...

I so thought that was Mickey Mouse!

Anonymous said...

I viewed today's post on my phone, and with the smaller screen the "Mickey" cake looked like artfully arranged broccoli with a ranch dip garnish.

Stream Mom said...

LMOA!!! Totally thought the first pic was a hidden Mickey (huge Disney fan here, so no surprise there)...had to do a double take to see that it's supposed to be a bunny. :D

ladypyrate said...

If your first thought upon seeing this cake was, "Look! A hidden Mickey!" then I want - no, need - to be your friend.

It was actually my 2nd thought once I got past the white poo swirl... Does that count???

Jessi said...

M-I-C K-E-Y B U N N YYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Bunny boobs! Oh, my day is complete.

I DID see a hidden Mickey! meanwhile, his tail is a little pointy for a bunny. And the next bunny, er, bear? with the backwards feet (those are NOT bunny feet--I don't even think they're feet. They look like three eyed smiley faces). Maybe they're mutant conjoined twin albino, uh, long-necked turtles? caterpillars?

aw hell, i don't know.

I don't understand psycho-punk-rock- blue-haired-bird-under-a-chocolate-rainbow-on-an-upside-down-heart.

viccc :) said...

Hahah I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought 'hidden mickey' :D

BADKarma! said...

I think Vito and Jimmy may have, uh... "chatted with"... that second bunny before sending him to "sleep with the worms"...

Dawn said...

That bunny with its legs spread...has anyone else noticed that it also has "cleavage"?? An x-rated bunny. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Anonymous said...

That last cake is like some kind of wreckerator Rorschach test! First I saw an enraged brown bird under a poo and orange rainbow; then I saw the balls; at last, after reading all the comments, I went back and saw the bunny. What the heck kind of bunny is that supposed to be?!

Victoria S said...

Yes, my first thought was "Hey, a hidden Mickey!" Comes from loving Disney and working there for several years. Hmm, maybe we'll go this weekend... Haha, thanks for putting it on my mind!

sendingtheclowns said...

The last cake has me the most confused.
I call it the Twisted Mystery.
I see ZERO sensibility to it.
Every suggestion I've heard JUST doesn't WORK for me...
This was my day:
Would-be Helpful Person: "Hey, how about this idea...?"
Me: "Nope; JUST doesn't WORK for me."
See what I've been up against?
The most I could come up with was to look at it upside-down. All I saw then was a sort of crazy clown face, with a stringy blue mustache, a rabbit-like snout, a (huge) maniacal grin, and eyes of the arachnid persuasion.
I say we move on; tomorrow's another day...and it could always be worse.
=^e.e^=

Arlene said...

I honestly wonder why someone would make a bunny butt cake?? I suppose someone out there would eat it but I think I would laugh so hard I would drop it on the floor. Plus that last cake looks like a poop turkey-rabbit. Ugh just terrible. As for the first cake I thought maybe Mickey Mouse got drunk then flattened by a steam roller lol.

Anonymous said...

The "poo and blue" bird is definitely disturbing. The first one is an all-white Mickey. I'm not sure what else it could be.

The second one I saw straight away. Bunny head-first down the rabbit hole. Strange, yes, but I think they did an ok job ... except for the fact they've got his feet on upside down. Being that he's got his tail in the air, his toes should point DOWN, not up.

I'm still having a hard time getting my head around the fact that these "wreckerators" are actually getting PAID ... REAL MONEY ... to do this. I'd be too embarrassed to own up to a cake if it looked like these.

- Elizabeth (Sydney, Australia)

Austin said...

I did think it was a hidden mickey at first!

And then I realized it was a butt...

Twolls said...

That last one kind of looks like it belongs on thingsthataredoingit.com

Anonymous said...

I thought cake #1 was an unfinished Wally cake. I am referring to Wally, the Red Sox mascot, who looks a bit like Grover's green-colored cousin.
-joules

The Whiz Kid Forte said...

Hahahahahahahahaha - hey, in the case of my Roman Catholic faith, it's still Easter! I just laughed at the bunny butt cakes!

Nonna said...

That reminds me of the picture of the witch or the woman...which one do you see ? I saw a weird looking dog at first, then the bird...still pretty strange...who would pay real money for a cake like that ???

Unknown said...

OMG! That last bird/bunny thing has me in tears! I didn't even see the bunny face until I saw the (blue?) teeth drawn at the bottom hahaha wow...

http://cupcakevigilante.blogspot.com

Christina said...

Haha, I ABSOLUTELY said "Look, a hidden Mickey!" Verbatim, actually.

Kelley said...

I'm so glad we're friends. My thought process was "Mickeeeeyyy!!! Wait, Mickey? Easter? Dirty? Ohh...."

Tricia said...

Somehow I don't think those animal flash cards will help these "decorators". Perhaps they should be given a box of crayons and a piece of paper before they are hired.

Susan said...

guess i am your new friend, cuz i totally thought that was a mickey cake (then, i was always the butt of every "dirty" joke in school as well)

Unknown said...

All I see is Mickey in the first picture...no idea what it's supposed to be.

Kat said...

Apparently, we *must* be friends!! Hidden Mickey, FTW!!

Anonymous said...

I totally thought "Oh look a Hidden Mickey!" about that first one. I don't know whether to be proud or embarrassed lol.

Lily said...

"If your first thought upon seeing this cake was, "Look! A hidden Mickey!" then I want - no, need - to be your friend."

Apparently, you need to be my friend. :) Hahaha. For this joke, I bestow upon you 1,000 Internets. NOTE: internets have an inherent value of zero dollars and zero cents.

Taylor said...

Apparently we need to be friends, fer srs. I actually had to look around to see that it wasn't a Mickey.

geeky Heather said...

You need to be my friend. 'Cause "Hidden Mickey!" was totally my first thought.

Jedijson said...

Oh, I am *so* glad that I'm not the only one who immediately thought "Look! A Hidden Mickey!"

WDW is our other home. Now, if only we could LIVE somewhere near there, that would be wonderful. And it would save a bundle on our checkbook.

Anonymous said...

wait. now seriously. I saw the hidden mickey, the backwards feets, butts etc. but that last one is NOT a peacock?? I know I'm supposed to see a bunny, but just...can't...squint...enough....

aquasaline

Upstate NY Linda said...

Wait, the 4th one's supposed to be a bunny?!? I seriously was sitting here trying to figure out what weird world had turkeys for an Easter figure until I read the comments. That is seriously bad.

Oh, and I saw Mickey 1st too.

Kate said...

My hubby and I both went "hey, hidden Mickey!" Then I read your post and laughed myself silly!

Barbara Anne said...

okay, photo #2 has mutant smiley faces on the feet

eeekkkkkkkk

but the brown chicken of despair under the dome of doo-doo is just...no, not "priceless" and not "creative"

hmmm, maybe it's a drug humor thing?

Teresa Peschke said...

totally saw mickey in that first cake. i thought it was just me then i read your comments. good to know others have been as brainwashed by disney as i have.

Christine said...

hehehe...the bunny has happy feet :)

Unknown said...

LOL - I totally saw a hidden mickey before I read your comment. Disneyphiles of the world unite!

Nantucket Cat said...

Uhh, no comment on the third cake. That's just too messed up.

Word verification- gynestr. That bunny's gynestr must see some horrors...

Midnight's Jinx said...

I saw Mickey, too. I called my husband over, and before he even read the post, he asked why someone made a white poo-swirl Mickey.

He wasn't being snarky, either. He really thought it was supposed to be Mickey. >.<

Heather T said...

I totally thought 'Hidden Mickey' too! But I used to work at Disney World - You never really get rid of that skill :)

Unknown said...

All I saw was a Mickey too, and am not sure what *you're* seeing! SO, obviously, we must become friends.

Also, I now want cake.

Anonymous said...

Look a hidden Mickey! Seriously was my first thought.
I'd write more but I have to make my Sci Fi dinner theatre reservations.

Bee said...

Just wanted to say: I saw the hidden mickey. That was (literally) the first thing I thought of. :D

Just sayin'.

Kristen said...

Yep, "hidden Mickey" here too. We're going again for our anniversary in 2 weeks and I've been reading Disney blogs like CRA-ZAY.

Anonymous said...

Thank god I read the comments. I could not see anything but a white Mickey with ear fungus on that first cake.

Rachel Erstwhilely said...

OH GOD! IT is A BUNNY!

at first i thought it was some sort of bird with large breasts.....under a brown rainbow.

and then you finally see the bunny.

it's like a sad, scary magic eye.

Anonymous said...

Wait that first one isn't supposed to be Mickey???? I truly love that you seem to be as a big a Disney geek as I am, it is one of the reasons I read this blog. You had me at the Spaceship Earth cake. :) So when do I get my official friendship card?

Anonymous said...

I don't see anything but a bird under a brown rainbow. I see what are supposed to be blue teeth but it doesn't make sense with the rest of the image. Somebody please help. The suspense is killing me!

Smilee306 said...

I totally thought hidden mickey

duncan said...

WHY IS THAT THING STUFFED INTO LAST SEASON'S "VALENTINE'S DAY" CAKE BOX? IS IT ALL ABOUT 'SHOWING THE LOVE"?
-Aislyn

Aliza said...

My first thought, before I even read your comments was, "mickey???". Then, "Naaah, too obvious, and she warned that there were risque comments". So I then thought "upside-down balls with a disturbingly angled...um... pointer?"

No clue why anyone would think that half a bunny would appeal to children. I'm sure I would've been traumatized if someone had ever brought out an Easter cake like that!!

The last cake... (I'm at work and trying to be quiet). Oh my. First I saw an angry bird. Then I saw a variant of the first one, but with an awfully long, bent "pointer" in a non-anatomically-correct position. Hmmm... I think something must be in my coffee for me to be interpreting these cakes quite this way...

WV: ablocygy: some of these cakes on this blog are so wrecktaculous they leave me totally ablocygy!

Poison Ivy said...

I had to buy a new keyboard because i laughed so hard i spilled my soda on it



P.S:Bwahahahahahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

On the second cake, the feet look like they're SMILING. *Shudder*