Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Fortunately I do have a few specimens to share, though, and I'll also be sure to liberally sprinkle in some "Eh?"s throughout today's post, to demonstrate my impeccable cultural sensitivity. (I know better than to tick off a country of people wearing those hats with the earflaps and hanging out with moose all day, Ok? I mean... eh?)
First, let us non-Canadians take a gander at what your flag is supposed to look like:
Simple, bold, graphic... I have to say, Canada: I like it. Eh?
And then there's this:
The finger hole was the result of an over-eager guest, but that "leaf" is pure Wreckerator skill at work. Kinda looks like a monster on a Popsicle stick, doesn't it? Eh?
I'm pretty sure this next one must be from Canada, too, because, well...
...it says "I heart flannel". And we all know what country loves flannel! Eh? (Right now the rest of you are jealous of my superior cultural diversity, aren't you? Yeah, I can tell.)
To leave you on a sweet note - Eh? - check out the beautiful Canadian flag-inspired cake Jessica J. found:
So pretty! It looks like this was displayed at a convention in the Philippines, but I don't see the baker's name listed. You can see more pretty cakes at the source page, though. Eh?
Nicole K., Michaelle P., & Lauren K., I would leave you with lovely French phrase, but I don't know any French.
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places.
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
We don’t have any copies of Cake Wrecks for sale here, autographed or otherwise. We decided the shipping and handling costs would be too high to make it worth your while. So instead, buy your copies locally or online and then order personalized bookplates: it’s cheaper, easier, and I think even looks a bit nicer.
Payments must be made through Paypal, which accepts all major credit cards. Sorry, but that means no checks or MOs or barter-based chickens.
We ship everything first class USPS, and will do our best to have your package in the mail within 2 days of your order.
Popular This Month
- December (28)
- November (29)
- October (35)
- September (33)
- August (29)
- July (29)
- June (35)
- May (30)
- April (26)
- March (28)
- February (25)
- January (30)
- December (34)
- November (33)
- October (36)
- September (38)
- August (32)
- Come Meet Jen, Who Often Refers To Herself in the ...
- Who Cut the Cheese?
- Just Beachy
- Reality Bites
- Freud Would Be Proud
- Sunday Sweets: Threadcakes
- Weee Are The Champions...
- Good Luck!
- A Womb with a View
- This Should Even Things Out
- CW's Biggest Fans?
- I'm Guessing They Didn't Have a Matching Card
- Say What?
- Sunday Sweets: More Potter!
- A Series of Unfortunate Monograms
- Basket Case
- Hello, Kitty?
- "Baby" Showers
- Does This Cake Make Me Look Fat?
- Beauty is Only Skin Deep
- Sunday Sweets: Harry Potter
- Early Detection is Key
- Love is in the Air...
- Copyright Unfringement
- Christmas in July: Going Dutch
- Who Ordered the Poo Poo Platter?
- Well, I'm Stumped
- Sunday Sweets: Transformers
- Happy 2ndapendance Day
- ...and so fourth
- Taking Liberties
- Happy Canada Day!
- Considering the Uterus
- June (37)
- May (36)
- April (33)
- March (34)
- February (31)
- January (43)