Saturday, May 30, 2009
Saturday, May 30, 2009
How about a construction worker merman?
I'm sure there must be an absolutely fascinating back story to this, but I don't have it. It reminds me of that time eons ago when Christopher Lowell dressed up as a mermaid on his show, though - anyone remember that? (Wait, what am I saying? How could you forget something like that?)
Here's one for those of you celebrating the torrid love affair between your pet lobster and rubber ducky:
I would pick on the redundancy of "12 month anniversary", but frankly I'm more concerned over this being a stock design. Just how many people out there are encouraging relationships between their seafood and bath toys, anyway?
Or how about this gem from last St. Patrick's Day?
You're really giving me some mixed signals here, Mr. Rich Irish Carrot. I mean, first you offer me monetary incentive to kiss you, but then you go and look all horrified by my appearance. Ok, so maybe I don't look my best right now, but it's still kind of rude to shield your sensitive regions* with that coin. Now pucker up, blue-eyes, or I'll sic my Carrot Jockeys on you.
Anne J., Meaghan L., and Rabi W. & Thomas M., I'll give you a nickel if you write "Kiss Me, I'm a Cake Wrecks fan" on your forehead and photograph yourself in public. (Our advertising budget is up from "nonexistent" to "Whatever I've got in my pocket." So I could also offer you a half-used tube of Blistex. Any takers?)
*Wait a minute - this is a carrot. Isn't the whole thing a "sensitive region"?
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places.
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
We don’t have any copies of Cake Wrecks for sale here, autographed or otherwise. We decided the shipping and handling costs would be too high to make it worth your while. So instead, buy your copies locally or online and then order personalized bookplates: it’s cheaper, easier, and I think even looks a bit nicer.
Payments must be made through Paypal, which accepts all major credit cards. Sorry, but that means no checks or MOs or barter-based chickens.
We ship everything first class USPS, and will do our best to have your package in the mail within 2 days of your order.
Popular This Month
- December (28)
- November (29)
- October (35)
- September (33)
- August (29)
- July (29)
- June (35)
- May (30)
- April (26)
- March (28)
- February (25)
- January (30)
- December (34)
- November (33)
- October (36)
- September (38)
- August (32)
- July (33)
- June (37)
- Sunday Sweets: Reading Rocks
- How Bizarre
- Proper Grooming
- Purging the Evil Within
- A Lesson in Proper Penmanship
- An Indecent Proposal
- Mixed Grill
- Defying Gravity
- Apron Sale & New Wreckwear
- Sweet Tweets
- Coulrophobia Cakes
- To the Pain
- Cake Wrecks Turns One!
- More! More!! More!!!
- The Apostrophe is Silent
- Dora the "Cascajo"
- Sunday Sweets: Legos!
- Demons of "Stupity"
- Ponder If You Will...
- Chuck Norris, Bakery Defender
- Gothic Miss
- Happy Birthday to Meeee!
- When the World Is Not Enough...
- Sunday Sweets For Mom
- For Mom: The Mother of all Wrecks
- Multiple Choices for Mom
- How to Liven Up Mother's Day
- How Do You Spell Success?
- By Popular Demand: More Wreckwear!
- Do What to the Mayo?
- May the 4th Be With You
- Happy Falker Satherhood!
- A Trek Through the Stars
- Stick a Pick in It
- We are experiencing technical difficulties...
- Why Beat a Dead Horse...
- April (33)
- March (34)
- February (31)
- January (43)