Thursday, April 2, 2009
Thursday, April 2, 2009
We can always count on the drug companies for body part cakes, can't we, Amy S? Let's just hope that applicator isn't fully loaded. Oh, and that the cake isn't pistachio with lemon-glaze filling. Heheheh.
Ashley P. sniffed out a model that looks like a retro-fitted Space Invaders blaster:
To quote that guy from Geekologie: PEW PEW!
Celebrating a nose bleed: just one more occasion you never knew cakes were perfect for.
This next one may look like an adobe hut or cave entrance, but it's not.
Anyhoo, this gratuitous up-the-nose shot was found by Jessica G., and I'm lovin' that white shell border. Because you always want your giant schnoz to have a delicate finishing touch.
This next one's a lousy photo, but only because Tara H. had to take a picture of a picture to get it:
Ah, nose hair and extraneous apostrophes: It just don't get no betta!
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places.
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
We don’t have any copies of Cake Wrecks for sale here, autographed or otherwise. We decided the shipping and handling costs would be too high to make it worth your while. So instead, buy your copies locally or online and then order personalized bookplates: it’s cheaper, easier, and I think even looks a bit nicer.
Payments must be made through Paypal, which accepts all major credit cards. Sorry, but that means no checks or MOs or barter-based chickens.
We ship everything first class USPS, and will do our best to have your package in the mail within 2 days of your order.
Popular This Month
- December (28)
- November (29)
- October (35)
- September (33)
- August (29)
- July (29)
- June (35)
- May (30)
- April (26)
- March (28)
- February (25)
- January (30)
- December (34)
- November (33)
- October (36)
- September (38)
- August (32)
- July (33)
- June (37)
- May (36)
- Jen Pipes Down
- Happy Earth Day to You...
- Happy Day, Earth!
- The Twilight of Our Discontent
- Cake Wrecks, a Role Model?!?
- Sunday Sweets: James' Sweet Safari
- Professionally Administrated Wrecks
- That Personal Touch
- Wrecks Rerun
- Well, Cake IS My Drug of Choice...
- Belly Cakes, Continued
- Return of the Belly Cake
- Sunday Sweets: Game On!
- Magic Eye
- These Cakes Are Not Wrecks (But They Play Them on ...
- More Sponge Cake!
- How to Fail in Spelling Without Really Trying
- What About Spongebob?
- Easter Update
- Passover these Wrecks
- Easter Sunday Sweets
- Easter Wreck Round Up
- Easter Potpourri
- Chick Chicky Boom
- An Easterly Wind is Blowing
- Sunday Sweets: Geeky Goodness
- Gee, Ya Think?
- Fear Factor, CW Style
- The Nose "No"s
- In Honor of the Rick Roll
- Botched Balloons
- March (34)
- February (31)
- January (43)