Friday, April 10, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
What, too philosophical? Ok, then what's with the sweet pastels combined with that eye-wrenching red and yellow combo? Dude, someone thought those bunny picks were actually helping.
You know what screams "Easter" to me? A couple of red, white and blue doughnuts. No, really. Look:
The Christmas-y red and green ones would have been too much of stretch, though. [nodding] Totally.
Here we have the inspiring tale of The Chick Who Took Down Four Bunny Bullies:
(I was about to start singing "Be kind to your web-footed friends" but then I realized chickens don't have webbed feet. Drat. Well, moving on...)
Humpty Dumpty was evidently going through his "punk" phase when he fell.
You know how you often hear about folks with amazing hidden talents working mundane jobs, like that cell phone salesman who sings opera? Yeah?
Uh, well, maybe this decorator sings opera.
And finally, this Easter Egg is brought to you by the letters W, T, and F:
Yes, I'm told that's an egg, although it looks more like a yellow volcano covered with green curly shoe laces. It also appears that a small tree fell on it. Uh, guys? Can we get some of those plastic bunny picks over here? We need to "Easter" this sucker up.
Thanks to Wreckporters Katrina S., Cynthia F., Jonah, Jennessa R., Michele E., & Camilla C.!
Psst, hey. You. Yeah, you. Seen a GOOD Easter cake? Then send it to me at Sunday Sweets [at] Cake Wrecks [dot] com. And do it fast, or else I might get, shall we say, disappointed. You wouldn't want that, now would you?
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places.
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
We don’t have any copies of Cake Wrecks for sale here, autographed or otherwise. We decided the shipping and handling costs would be too high to make it worth your while. So instead, buy your copies locally or online and then order personalized bookplates: it’s cheaper, easier, and I think even looks a bit nicer.
Payments must be made through Paypal, which accepts all major credit cards. Sorry, but that means no checks or MOs or barter-based chickens.
We ship everything first class USPS, and will do our best to have your package in the mail within 2 days of your order.
Popular This Month
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (357)
- Jen Pipes Down
- Happy Earth Day to You...
- Happy Day, Earth!
- The Twilight of Our Discontent
- Cake Wrecks, a Role Model?!?
- Sunday Sweets: James' Sweet Safari
- Professionally Administrated Wrecks
- That Personal Touch
- Wrecks Rerun
- Well, Cake IS My Drug of Choice...
- Belly Cakes, Continued
- Return of the Belly Cake
- Sunday Sweets: Game On!
- Magic Eye
- These Cakes Are Not Wrecks (But They Play Them on ...
- More Sponge Cake!
- How to Fail in Spelling Without Really Trying
- What About Spongebob?
- Easter Update
- Passover these Wrecks
- Easter Sunday Sweets
- Easter Wreck Round Up
- Easter Potpourri
- Chick Chicky Boom
- An Easterly Wind is Blowing
- Sunday Sweets: Geeky Goodness
- Gee, Ya Think?
- Fear Factor, CW Style
- The Nose "No"s
- In Honor of the Rick Roll
- Botched Balloons
- ▼ April (33)