Friday, March 27, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
I recently saw on Neatorama that "Tough Times are Good for Vasectomies". Apparently the current economic rough patch has more and more folks turning to the "cheapest form of permanent birth control".
So in addition to an increase in sales of frozen peas, I guess this means we'll also be seeing less of these:
And more of these:
Ok, Mr. Smith, I am going to need you to remove all your clothes... but feel free to keep that bitchin' sombrero on."
And on a personal note, my hubby John would like to remind all of you fellas out there that the ol' snip-snip is only the cheapest form of birth control if you do it without general anesthesia, which, according to him, "would totally have been worth the extra two grand".
[eye roll] Men. A little scrotum-puncturing and tube-cauterizing and they turn into such babies.
Liz P., Michael W., & Jessica G., Ole!
Note: The "We have a runner" cake is by the fabulous Cakeworks - be sure to check their site for more hilarious designs.
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places.
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
We don’t have any copies of Cake Wrecks for sale here, autographed or otherwise. We decided the shipping and handling costs would be too high to make it worth your while. So instead, buy your copies locally or online and then order personalized bookplates: it’s cheaper, easier, and I think even looks a bit nicer.
Payments must be made through Paypal, which accepts all major credit cards. Sorry, but that means no checks or MOs or barter-based chickens.
We ship everything first class USPS, and will do our best to have your package in the mail within 2 days of your order.
Popular This Month
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (357)
- Back to Basics
- Sunday Sweets: The Undead Wed
- Breaking News: Heeeere's Bobby!
- Celebrating A Different Kind Of V Day
- Romance is Dead
- Do These Taste Chewy to You?
- Have a Ball!
- Such Deers
- Sunday Sweets: Like Buttah
- Or As I Like to Call it, "The School of Hard Knock...
- Shirking my Shirtly Duties
- First Impressions
- They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha Haa!
- Carrot Jockeys Make Excellent Ground Troops
- No, No, No! THIS is How You Resign with a Cake.
- Rockin' Shams
- Sunday Sweets: Get OUT - That's Cake?!?
- Amused Am I
- Killer Friday the 13th Creations
- Corporate Sponsored Cakery
- Today I am NOT Irish
- Grammar Nazis Beware
- Bakery PSA
- Magically Delicious?
- Sunday Sweets: Tuning in for 80s Cartoons
- Hey Nurse, Slip Me Some Tongue!
- Great Wrecks in History
- This One's for the Girls
- Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow
- "And in the Mornin', I'm Making WAFFLES."
- Nah, These Won't Traumatize the Kids at ALL
- Sunday Sweets: More 80s
- ▼ March (34)