Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
(Um, John? I don't think...)
This is obviously because they're either drunk or completely incompetent.
(Okay now, we're totally gonna get in trouble for that...)
Now you might be saying, "I thought all drunk and completely incompetent people were politicians?"
(Well, that's true.)
But you would be wrong!
Which brings us back to cake.
See? Comgratation. Interestingly enough, there are close to 3,000 accepted spellings of "congradulationed" in the decorators' dictionary.
Occasionally, though, they do spell it goodly:
Like so. Of course, sometimes after successfully spelling a word the thrill goes to the baker's head. Thusly we get "Ternifer" - a hybrid creation of "Terrific" and the name of the person who ordered the cake, perhaps?
Here again the decorator got the "hard" word right:
Sure, the number's a bit, well, wrong...but hey, numbers are hard!
Wisites: n. [wi-SET-eez] Small, fuzzy mammals indigenous to Uganda prized for their venom, which is said to cure gout and certain types of restless leg syndrome.
See? No misspellings here!
Well, y'all have a grrr-reat day now. Oh, and decorators? Bottoms up!
Jessica E., Christy C., Dana S., & Jessica, watch out; I hear those wisites spit.
- Related Wreckage: The "Year" of the "Grad"
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places.
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
We don’t have any copies of Cake Wrecks for sale here, autographed or otherwise. We decided the shipping and handling costs would be too high to make it worth your while. So instead, buy your copies locally or online and then order personalized bookplates: it’s cheaper, easier, and I think even looks a bit nicer.
Payments must be made through Paypal, which accepts all major credit cards. Sorry, but that means no checks or MOs or barter-based chickens.
We ship everything first class USPS, and will do our best to have your package in the mail within 2 days of your order.
Popular This Month
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (357)
- Please Decorate Responsibly
- Way to "Go," Dad
- American Super (Sized) Heroes
- Spelling Airs
- Get In Mah Belly!!
- Sunday Sweets: Charity Roundup
- Play 'Em Off, Drummer Boy
- Make Today Marry
- Yule Wonder
- Happy Festivus!
- Choose Your Own ADVENTure...
- Nice Buns
- Ho Ho Horrors!
- Sunday Sweets: The Cutest Christmas Cupcakes
- The Spirit Didn't Just Move; It Threw Up
- The Final Countdown
- Seasoning's Greetings
- Hot Lips
- This Calls For An Intervention
- Grandma Gets Revenge
- Total Flakes
- Sunday Sweets: Gingerbread!
- New Stuff
- I Stream, You Stream, We All Stream For Icing!
- Catchin' the Spirit
- Chappy Chanukah
- Santa Shockers
- Merry Misfits
- Be Good...Or Else
- Sunday Sweets: Wintry Wonders
- The Yuletide is Coming In
- Syfy Sacrilege
- The Cherry (Blossoms) On Top
- ▼ December (34)