Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Here's the back:
And while I'm at it, check out this hilarious little number Erin Lusk of The Cupcake Attitude whipped up:
Ah, it doesn't get any better than passive-aggressive baked goods. Be sure to check out Erin's site for more cute designs like this.
And naturally, I stuck it on a shirt:
I also added a new "I Want Sprinkles" design last week for myself:
Which looks great on an apron:
And lastly, partly because I thought it was fun, and partly out of curiosity to see if anyone would actually ever purchase such a thing, I whipped up a Naked Mohawk-Baby Carrot Jockey tie:
If any of you actually buy and wear this thing, you must send me pictures. Seriously; that would just about make my day. ;)
You can click on any of the above pictures to go the corresponding Zazzle page, where you can tinker with colors and shirt styles to your heart's content. You could even buy the item in question, but I know that's just crazy talk, so I'll stop now.
If you have a design you'd like to see on a Cake Wrecks shirt, e-mail me! If I use it, I'll give you a shout-out here on the blog and link to your blog or website both here and on Zazzle.
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places.
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
We don’t have any copies of Cake Wrecks for sale here, autographed or otherwise. We decided the shipping and handling costs would be too high to make it worth your while. So instead, buy your copies locally or online and then order personalized bookplates: it’s cheaper, easier, and I think even looks a bit nicer.
Payments must be made through Paypal, which accepts all major credit cards. Sorry, but that means no checks or MOs or barter-based chickens.
We ship everything first class USPS, and will do our best to have your package in the mail within 2 days of your order.
Popular This Month
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (357)
- Sunday Sweets: Reading Rocks
- How Bizarre
- Proper Grooming
- Purging the Evil Within
- A Lesson in Proper Penmanship
- An Indecent Proposal
- Mixed Grill
- Defying Gravity
- Apron Sale & New Wreckwear
- Sweet Tweets
- Coulrophobia Cakes
- To the Pain
- Cake Wrecks Turns One!
- More! More!! More!!!
- The Apostrophe is Silent
- Dora the "Cascajo"
- Sunday Sweets: Legos!
- Demons of "Stupity"
- Ponder If You Will...
- Chuck Norris, Bakery Defender
- Gothic Miss
- Happy Birthday to Meeee!
- When the World Is Not Enough...
- Sunday Sweets For Mom
- For Mom: The Mother of all Wrecks
- Multiple Choices for Mom
- How to Liven Up Mother's Day
- How Do You Spell Success?
- By Popular Demand: More Wreckwear!
- Do What to the Mayo?
- May the 4th Be With You
- Happy Falker Satherhood!
- A Trek Through the Stars
- Stick a Pick in It
- We are experiencing technical difficulties...
- Why Beat a Dead Horse...
- ▼ May (36)