Thursday, June 5, 2008

What, ANOTHER Obscure Bank Holiday?

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Ok, obviously this cake decorator has some mad skilz: great balloon placement, excellent use of color, and I particularly like the confetti sprinkle to icing squiggle ratio. Really, my only criticism can be that he or she thinks "Myjiantbirthday" is one word. (And lest you think this is only a spelling error & spacing issue, look closely: those letters are all connected, my friends. Ergo, one word.) But you know, as mistakes go, that's kind of a doozie.
Anonymous said...

Actually, "myjiant" and "birthday" appear to be separate. Not sure how much better that makes things...

Alicia said...

Is it "Myjointbrithday" Implying that two or more people are celebrating birthdays together?

Jen said...

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to read "My Giant Birthday", which in itself is a rather odd thing to write anyway. [shrug]

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Squiggles? I thought those were just colorful sperm....

sheri said...

This is obviously a Costco cake. Just sayin.
And I was just shown your blog by a friend and am LOVING it! Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Yeah thats a CostCo cake alright. the decorator my not know how to spell, but CostCo still has the best cakes....Well at least the one by my house.

Anonymous said...

It also bothered me that there is no apostrophe in "Lets"!

and why ARE Costco cakes so good???

Anonymous said...

That looks like something from Engrish.com to be honest. The "lets ____" construction is quite common in Japanese English, and the misspelling of what I'm assuming was meant to be "my giant birthday" (as well as the oddness of that phrasing to begin with) also scream Engrish.

Anonymous said...

I read it as being intended to say, "Let's celebrate my BIRTHDAY," not "my giant birthday."

Tobias Davis said...

Am I the only one who thinks it has "!.." at the end? I mean, okay: "Yeah... And then I'll just put my... something... birthday... Okay, now an exclamation point. Perfect. I think. Better make sure to end with a period." This site is hilarious!..

Anonymous said...

This is completely my own opinion, of course, but perhaps the instructions were to write "Birthday" in giant letters? Thus:

Let's celebrate my

BIRTHDAY!

Yes? No?... I dunno.

Anonymous said...

Here is what is wrong with this cake:
1) The obvious spelling, spacing, and connecting error
2) Think about what it would say without the mistakes. "Let's Celebrate My Giant Birthday!" Doesn't that sound just a little bit stupid to you?
On the plus side, the decorating is good and the handwriting is legible. Still...

Scoots said...

So I was just introduced to Cake Wrecks yesterday and already happened upon my friend Lori's Indiana Jones cake. (I'm reading backwards) I did not however expect to find a picture of a cake I ordered! Yes it is a Costco cake. Yes it is supposed to be one word but it's supposed to be a g and not a j in mygiantbirthday. mygiantrobot it the handle of another friend whose birthday we were celebrating for the weekend. It was a bit of big deal since we're in Seattle and she lives near L.A. Anywho... there was another cake too and it involved many a plastic dinosaur. Both were tastey.

Jenn said...

You guys are all wrong. It's My Jiant Birthday, with giant misspelled.

WORD VERIFICATION:codies
2 of my dads dog (named Cody)