Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Apocalypse Cake

Tuesday, May 27, 2008


The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Quick, someone make a cake!

Yes, there's nothing quite like plummeting balloons and unconscious clowns to celebrate your own personal apocalypse. Anyone have some radiation-free milk to go with?
Tora said...

What a witty comment :D.

This is rather morbid though, I agree with you!

goldie said...

Not only is it apocolyptic, but those are the clowns that traumatize people.

Anonymous said...

Where is that clown's yellow arm going??? Where are the rest of the arms?

Ronnica said...

Clowns are creepy enough as is; this is downright scary!

Sarah said...

At first I thought the clowns were tied down with those icing ribbons like some sort of sacrifice. But then I realized they're holding the stings to those forsaken lead filled balloons.

Unknown said...

I guess someone doesn't like clowns . . .

Anonymous said...

I was laughing so hard I had to wipe tears! The cake itself is crazy but the name you gave it is just perfect. Thank you for the incredible laugh! =8D

alexlady said...

"Don't bother... they're heeeeeere..."

Ellie Green said...

I think it looks more like clown bondage than anything else. I don't think I'd want to eat that cake.

Anonymous said...

My husband is an IVF lab supervisor and the first thing I saw was radioactive sperm.

Elkian Lionblood said...

>< All they need now are some railroad tracks and a train...

Anonymous said...

More like hog tied, then held in place with colorfull weights.

Star said...

I just found your site through the NYT article link, and whilst I know I've barely scratched the surface, this, by far, was the funniest thing I have seen in a looooooooooong time. I laughed hysterically for a good five minutes, and I'm still giggling periodically.

Thanks for creating this site, and I hope your hubby is all better.

PS I think the Mohawk-wearing, carrot-riding babies are planning on taking over the world. I'm sayin'...

The Whiz Kid Forte said...

Looks like a great cake to ring in 2012! Ho ho!!!

Anonymous said...

I think the reason this cake is so terrifying is it's innocence - the primary colours, the balloons, little puffs of white icing, and the clowns - laughing on a rooftop somewhere near you as the world burns down.

Cake in a Box Lady said...

the figurines look like something from the Movie " A clockwork Orange" lol. This blog is addictive x