- What NOT to send: excessively gory or obscene cakes (kitty-litter cakes included), or anything you were forwarded by e-mail (trust me: whatever it is, I've seen it).
- If possible, rather than sending me a whole website link, pick some of your favorites and just send me the links to those.
- I generally credit submitters by first name and last initial. If you don't want your name attached, be sure to mention that in the e-mail. If you do want you name attached, make sure your name is written somewhere in the e-mail.
- Don't have a wreck, but just want to say "hi"? Please do! I absolutely LOVE hearing from all of you!
- I've reached the point now where I can no longer answer every single e-mail. This is both good (lots of e-mails) and bad (no time to answer them all). So, if you're just submitting a cake photo, you may not hear back from me personally. Adjust your expectations accordingly.
- Fellow bloggers: no need to ask my permission to link to Cake Wrecks; feel free. (And thanks for all the shout-outs!)
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
Popular This Month
- ► 2011 (198)
- The Bakings of a Memorable Memorial Day
- Sunday Sweets: Shoes & Purses
- This Weekend, Pig Out
- Der Burger!
- Drem Big, Gjrads!
- Something Here Doesn't Add Up
- Hats Off for Graduates!
- The CW Book Tour, Part Three
- The Baby Cake Gets Cut Down to Size
- The LOST Sweets
- Blunders that Burn
- I Think the Baker Used Too Much Oil...
- Cryptic Cross Words
- Hungry Like a Wolf
- Cakes For a Crowd
- Sweet Reading Sweets
- What $1,000 Gets You In Texas
- Jen GraduRants
- A Few Of Jen's Favorite Things
- The Bakers Wrecked 'Em
- Proud Mamas
- Sunday Sweets: Happy Mother's Day!
- The University of Chicago Scavenger Hunt
- She Turned In Her Own MOTHER
- Bring a Sponge; It's Getting Pretty Tacky In Here....
- The Princess Bridal Cakes
- May The Fourth Be With You
- It's Wrecky Wedding Week!
- Fashionably Sweet
- Wreckies of the Month
- ▼ May (30)
- ► 2009 (420)