Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
*Yes, I'm joking; there wasn't a third cake. (So far as I know.)
Stephanie J., Kathryn S., Wendy M., & Jenny, you guys rock in all caps!
- Related Wreckage: Wreck Creators
NOTE: D'oh! Ok, you doubters were correct: the "in Spanish" cake IS an intentional order. Sorry, Tasteful Cakes, and thanks for having such a great sense of humor about it!
UPDATE ON JOHN: John is out of ICU and feeling gooood! So good, in fact, that he's been pestering the publisher to let us go straight back on tour the second he's discharged from the hospital. (Hm. Maybe I should recommend another head examination...)
It will be a few weeks before his lungs are completely clear, and he will continue to be on massive amounts of antibiotics in the meantime, but as of this moment you'd never know he was deathly ill a few days ago. That's the power of prayer, warm wishes, good juju, and modern medicine for you! Thank you all SO MUCH; your e-mails, comments, jokes, tweets, pics of get-well cakes, and offers of help have been overwhelming, and helped us more than I can say.
Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places.
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
We don’t have any copies of Cake Wrecks for sale here, autographed or otherwise. We decided the shipping and handling costs would be too high to make it worth your while. So instead, buy your copies locally or online and then order personalized bookplates: it’s cheaper, easier, and I think even looks a bit nicer.
Payments must be made through Paypal, which accepts all major credit cards. Sorry, but that means no checks or MOs or barter-based chickens.
We ship everything first class USPS, and will do our best to have your package in the mail within 2 days of your order.
Popular This Month
- ► 2011 (198)
- ► 2010 (357)
- Hail, Hailoween!
- Step One: Cut a Hole in the Pumpkin
- The Twilight Zone
- Fan "Art"
- Halloween "Huh?"s
- Halloween Heckling
- Autumn Terrors
- Sunday Sweets: Halloween
- There's a Fly on My Cake!
- When Wreckerators Take the Fall
- Recipes for Wreckage
- "World" "Domination" Tour Back on Track!
- Bride/Baker Communication 101
- Oh, It Sends a Message Alright
- Sideshow Slideshow
- Sunday Sweets: Simply Awwww-full
- "World" Tour Wrap-Up: Austin
- Oh What a Difference a Letter Can Bake
- Teasers for the Coming Seasons
- Erring on the Side of Caution...Is Still Erring
- Do These Drumsticks Taste Funny to You?
- Sunday Sweets: Steampunk
- Happy National Cake Decorating Day!
- Putting Their Best Feet Forward
- "World" Tour, Take #2!
- I'll Have Whatever They're Having
- The Day the Tour Stood Still
- "World" Tour Wrap-Up: Chicago
- "So Funny" In Bold, with Exclamation Mark
- A Long Shot
- Tour Wreck - UPDATE
- Sunday Sweets: Tour De Force, Pt 2
- That's Some Spout
- Comic Issues
- The Dish on Denver
- Adowable Widdle Wrecks
- ▼ October (36)