Wreck the Halls
What's a Wreck?
What's a Wreck?
A Cake Wreck is any cake that is unintentionally sad, silly, creepy, inappropriate - you name it. A Wreck is not necessarily a poorly-made cake; it's simply one I find funny, for any of a number of reasons. Anyone who has ever smeared frosting on a baked good has made a Wreck at one time or another, so I'm not here to vilify decorators: Cake Wrecks is just about finding the funny in unexpected, sugar-filled places.
Now, don't you have a photo you want to send me? ;)
Praise for the Book
- “Will have you laughing so hard you’ll forget to eat!”— Washington Post
- “a hilarious winner” — The Oregonian
- “a fantastically gut-busting book”— NPR
- “It’s all here, each wreck a disaster of hilarity.” — BookPage.com
- “Hysterically funny!”— Epinions.com
- “laugh-out-loud funny”— The Times
- “Yates’ sharp humor makes the funny even funnier.” — The Dallas Morning News
- “an amazing laugh-out-loud book”— The Book Triblog
What the fans are saying
- "I was laughing so hard, I couldn't catch my breath."
- "As funny as the blog that started it."
- "WAY better than I expected!"
- "Cake Wreckery at its best!"
- American Mensa:Top 50 Websites of 2010
- Amazon: Top 10 gift books of 2009
- The Orlando Sentinal “Orbbies”: Winner Humor
- 2009 BlogLuxe Awards: Funniest Blog
- 2009 Bloggies: Best Writing of a Weblog, Best New Weblog, Best Food Blog
- The 2008 Weblog Awards: Best Food Blog
- Blogger's Choice 2008 Awards: Best Humor Blog
Where's the book?
We don’t have any copies of Cake Wrecks for sale here, autographed or otherwise. We decided the shipping and handling costs would be too high to make it worth your while. So instead, buy your copies locally or online and then order personalized bookplates: it’s cheaper, easier, and I think even looks a bit nicer.
Payments must be made through Paypal, which accepts all major credit cards. Sorry, but that means no checks or MOs or barter-based chickens.
We ship everything first class USPS, and will do our best to have your package in the mail within 2 days of your order.
Popular This Month
- Ghost Taunters
- Babel Fish Needed
- In Moderation
- Tonight at the Lucky Stardust Lounge
- Sunday Sweets: That Takes The Cake 2011
- Wreckies of the Month: The Cake-Free Edition!
- News Bites
- Guess What!
- Bridal Terrors
- Way To Use Your Head!
- Sunday Sweets to Put a Spring in Your Step
- Fill Me Up, Buttercup.
- When Irish Guys Are Dialing
- Shamrocks? How About ShamPOOS?
- What We Have Here is a Failure to Communicate
- The WHAT of the Irish?
- Sunday Sweets: Double Dose
- Dress a Wreck
- Coming Up Roses
- Say What?
- Deep Fried Thoughts
- King Me
- Seussical Sunday Sweets
- Sign of the Times
- Sorry, Charlie
- Let's Get Physiological
- Like a Boss
- ▼ March (29)
- ► 2010 (357)
- ► 2009 (420)